Beginners and Beyond

Why Nobody Has Opened the Monday DAILIES is beyond me (Read 60 times)

Docket_Rocket

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Smile

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Without confusion, the Penguins has a dailies title but it's the Penguins.  So, what is up on this fine Monday morning?

XT or a short recovery run, or both.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

I already opened the penguins thread thinking it was this one. Oops!

Congrats on MCM yesterday, D! I can't imagine waiting that long in a porta-potty line DURING the race. Wow.

SRD for me, with martial arts tonight.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

I never stop during the race so I don't know whether that time is normal.  I know in Chicago, I stopped and they were empty (with the same number of runners) and I was in and out in 1 minute flat (less if my skirt would not have gotten stuck pullin it back on.  But it was fine.  No need to worry when you're not running for time.  It was also a real bathroom at the park so better.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

'Morning, Mondailies!  I am dragging butt today.  Not a great night of sleep last night.  I blame extra sleep Friday and Saturday, plus the Red Sox last night.  Go team.

8 easy miles planned after work today.

I just got my annual review at work...my 2012 review.  LMAO  Boss basically said "Oops forgot to do this, please sign and return."  Good enough a review for me.  Big grin

<3

Just B.S.

Feeling great after yesterday's race. A tad bit of tightness in the calves and a little bit of

soreness in the quads going down the stairs. SRD day today and back to the pool tomorrow! Yeah!

I always take a week off after a full and swim/cycle instead so likely no running until next

Sunday.

D.R. great job yesterday with all those crowds, potty issues etc and still pulling off a good time.

Shari,  enjoy your class.

Phil, love me some playoff baseball!

Have a good day all!

LRB

I opened the wrong thread!  lol

What up doe crew!

SRD # 28

+ 4 on the scale or in simple terms; BLOOF!

PT at 1:00 today where I expect to spend most of my time on the reformer, a Pilates machine and where Betty believes I get the "Most bang for my buck" in terms of elongating my stupid hamstrings.

I must say that in my research of this issue, I have come to realize that the two things I do most; running and sitting for long periods (either at my desk, driving my route, or at home), contribute most to the continued shortening of my hamstrings.

It really has been an eyeopener in that regard and something I simply did not understand fully last year when dealing with Achilles tendonitis and my other hip issue.

I will tell you one thing; I will not make the mistake of underestimating the importance for me to stretch ever again!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Opened the wrong thread too, lol. 

Five miles early this morning with Rocky on the roads, got back to the house just as traffic was starting to get crazy.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Baboon, LOL.  I got my 5 year pin at the office after my 6 years had passed.

Beth, nice job on the race!

LRB, sitting is what did me in for Chicago, I think.  So, Congress is to blame!  Anyway, more yoga and pilates helped me last time with my piriformis and lower back issues.  Stretch!

Andrea, you!  You just wanted to play with penguins.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Big grin no I didn't!! I'm used to seeing the word Penguin damn it, and I didn't see it. Your title was too damn long for my coffee depleted brain to recognize. Joking

Beth, nice job on the race!

LRB, sitting is what did me in for Chicago, I think.  So, Congress is to blame!  Anyway, more yoga and pilates helped me last time with my piriformis and lower back issues.  Stretch!

Andrea, you!  You just wanted to play with penguins.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

I got my 5 year pin after my 8th year.  Smile  I am still waiting on my 10 year pin.  I'm going on 12 years here.

<3

Hip Redux

I must say that in my research of this issue, I have come to realize that the two things I do most; running and sitting for long periods (either at my desk, driving my route, or at home), contribute most to the continued shortening of my hamstrings.

You should get a standing desk!

B-Plus

hog4life

Damn, now I'll be confused the rest of the week. 3-5 after work with the last NOBO class, the get to do their graduating 5k this weekend.

I did a half on Sat, RR is up.

Shout out to Robert!!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

rest day as I continue to baby my hip.  I did run 6.2 yesterday and could feel it in the background so I was careful.  Painfully slow on my pace.  I'm not amused.  I talked DH through adjusting it for me yesterday and I'll have one of the other therapists do it today.  I'll tape it before my run tomorrow.  Funny is probably no one else would even feel it but my hyper intuned mind can tell and it bugs the crap out of me.  Better than going into a full injury but I just want to run damn it!

Marjorie