Beginners and Beyond

Reading B & B Forum Nets Good Physical (Read 52 times)

Hey Guys and Gals,

Had to share some  good news from this morning.    Went for my annual physical.  Last one was April of last year.  The net result was a 12 pound weight loss plus removal of blood presure medicine.  I call that a Win Win situation.

So even though I'm a back of the back runner, there are tangible benefits to running besides time and medals.

Sometimes one may get discouraged from race to race within a running season, but I'm learning when you compare it year to year, progress is measurable for racing time and your personal physical fitness.

I'm going to have a good weekend, and run a race in the rain on Sunday.  Life is good!

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

Dad on the run.

That's really great news Bozy! They are so many people here with very successful stories to share. This month marks 1 year of running for me and I have lost around 35lbs myself so I know exactly how you feel!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Mostly harmless

Hey Guys and Gals,

Had to share some  good news from this morning.    Went for my annual physical.  Last one was April of last year.  The net result was a 12 pound weight loss plus removal of blood pressure medicine.  I call that a Win Win situation.

So even though I'm a back of the back runner, there are tangible benefits to running besides time and medals.

Sometimes one may get discouraged from race to race within a running season, but I'm learning when you compare it year to year, progress is measurable for racing time and your personal physical fitness.

I'm going to have a good weekend, and run a race in the rain on Sunday.  Life is good!

This is wonderful. Keep up the good work!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Pinktastic

Congrats on this wonderful news!!   That is awesome!!   Keep up the great work!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.