I know we have a 2013 goals thread, but I didn't see a January thread yet. Post yours here!
Do you even run?
1. Heal this foot.
2. Don't stress about not running.
3. Work out at least 5 days per week (same as my running schedule)
4. Eat clean(ish)
5. Keep sexy here (no need to bring it back again)
Go! St. Louis Half Marathon - April 7, 2013 - 2:18:28 (10:32 min/mile)
Newburgh Rivertown Trail 5k - May 4, 2013 - 25:26 (8:12 min/mile) 1st Place AG out of 13 / 9th out of 100 Female / 45 out of 196 Finishers
YMCA 5k on the Runway - May 11, 2013 (Goal: 26:59) - Time: 26:40 / 8:38 min/mile pace - 102nd of 389 / 25th of 203 Females / 8th of 27 F25-29
I was wondering where the January Goals thread was - I guess nobody had the mind to start it. Thanks, Kay!
1. Stay Healthy (as usual)
2. Run approximately 105 miles this month
3. Start training for the Gate River Run 15K on March 9.
4. Include 1 interval/tempo and 1 long run per week. Also include a couple of hill sessions during the month.
It's a challenging time to year due to the potential for nasty weather, so I may or may not be able to reach all my goals.
Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)
5K - 25:25, 15K - 1:20:55, HM - 1:59:11
Not a dude
1. Stay healthy
2. Run at least 110 miles this month
3. Run 5 days per week
4. Start Pfitz HM plan 1/13/13
5. Yoga twice a week - if no yoga...do something - stretching, rolling, etc.
Heal up - IT band has been tweaked
Run > 300 miles (assuming the above can be accomplished stat)
Re-start marathon training and this time don't get injured
1. Lose 5 lbs.
2. Survive a potential ice storm (hey, we are gun shy around here every January, due to that terrible mess several years ago).
3. More yoga
4. Get back to 20+ a week mileage after this semi break
5. HM #6
6. First 12K trail run and FE with Cindy
7. Less wine
8. File my taxes early
Half Fanatic #3091 ~ Marathon debut: 11/16/13 Anthem Richmond Marathon
"Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious." - Rumi
*Run my 2nd Half Marathon on January 13th
*Not slack off on running after the HM is over! Lace up at least 4 times a week, aiming for 15-20 mpw. I should be able to hit between 60 and 80 miles for January.
*Sign up for another race in the Spring to keep myself motivated to run.
Running for two!
Pre-Preggo PRs--5k 23:00, 10k 49:07, HM 1:57:40
Post-Preggo PRs--5k TBD, 10k 54:45, HM 2:28:05
1. Get my weight into the two-teens. 222 as of this morning.
2. Run at least 10 miles a week; 2, 3, 2, 3.
PR- A Run Through History 5K - May 5th 33:24
Next: Merrill Lynch Running of the Bulls 5K - May 18th
2. Sub-20 5k
3. 250 miles
4. Hit 180lbs
5. Rock my 10k and 15k (both will be automatic PRs, first time for those distances)
5k 19:26 4/27/13 - 10k 41:35 1/15/13 - 20k 1:24:55 2/23/13 - HM 1:28:10 3/17/13
Upcoming - ERR 10K 5/25 - OK5K 6/8 - MS 5K 7/30 - Strider Mile 8/17 - RnR HM 9/1
Somewhere in the range of 150 miles.
A solid half marathon on 1/27, if weather permits
Don't get injured.
PR in the ten mile race I'm doing in a couple of weeks.
Crap.... failed already... ummm.....
Recover. Get back to my pre-injury mileage. Be able to run my 10K on the 26th.
Don't get injured AGAIN?!
5K (6 total) PR: 28:16 (5/5/13) 10K (1 total) PR: 1:07:47 (12/16/12) [going DOWN on 5/19/13] 4M (2 total) PR:44:46 (4/7/13) [yet to "race" one of these all-out] HM TBD 10/12/13
Capitol Hill Classic 10K 5/19/13
Baltimore 10 Miler 6/15/13
NY Giants Run of Champions 5K 6/23/13
Goal Race of 2013:
Baltimore Half Marathon 10/12/13
I need some cowbell!
Heal injured ankle tendon
Bike and swim 5x per week
Do core work-quit feeling like Pillbury Dough-boy (hee-hee!)
Wait 9 more years before getting injured again
2013 Goals-as of 4/15
Running: 1600 miles total, 161.5 down-1438.5 to go.
Cycling: 2000 miles total, 526.8 down-1473.4 to go. Riding with my wife on her 1st century
Swimming: 80K total, 17.5 down-62.5 to go.
Love the wintertime runs for what they are, not what they aren't.
Get out on the unicycle a few times.
Get out on the fat bike a few times.
Go sledding with my kids.
Enjoy an evening toddy with the hubs every weeknight.
© 2013 RunningAHEAD, LLC. All rights reserved.