Beginners and Beyond

January Goals (Read 280 times)

Just B.S.

I'd like, if possible, to finish the month with 200 to 250 miles, but since that will include a 2 week taper and 10 days of post-marathon recovery, I don't make that a set goal. I'll see how I feel. As for the marathon itself, it will be more like a long and very hilly training run for Boston, but if I run it well, I'm hoping for a BQ, and maybe even an A/G award if I'm lucky (will depend on the old broads who show up that day).

If you are doing the one I think you are, yes it is very hilly and no there will not be much competition for you!LOL

I could make a prediction that you will get 1st or 2nd in your AG.

The last long hill coming back into the city is hard on the 2nd time around but I"m sure you will power right up it!!

I assume since you are trying for a BQ that you aren't doing the 3 races in  3 days?

"I found that if you have a goal, that you might not reach it. But if you don't have one, then you are never disappointed. And I gotta tell ya... it feels phenomenal."  - Peter LaFleur

Time to ramp up training for Boston

Run a solid indoor mile in 10 days with no mile-specific training. Smile

Make it through January which is usually the coldest, suckiest month of outdoor running in MN

Oh, what the hell, avoid injury.

sunfastrose

Fatty McFatFat

1. 150 miles

2. Go see a doctor about the pain in my hamstring that has been on/off for a year

happylily

Thanks, Beth! Yes, I'm doing that one. I should have read the reviews first, before I signed up. I didn't realize just how hilly it was. LOL... Oh well... I signed up for the 3 races/3 days challenge because I will use the first 2 races as my pre-marathon regular runs. Not racing them. But I will be running them with SO who will be racing a new distance (the 10k). I also convinced him to do the half on Sunday. He's never even run 10 miles before... I hope he still talks to me after that weekend. :-)

If you are doing the one I think you are, yes it is very hilly and no there will not be much competition for you!LOL

I could make a prediction that you will get 1st or 2nd in your AG.

The last long hill coming back into the city is hard on the 2nd time around but I"m sure you will power right up it!!

I assume since you are trying for a BQ that you aren't doing the 3 races in  3 days?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

RSX

My main goal is always stay healthy.

I want my long runs to improve.

Keep losing weight.

At least 117 miles.

Just B.S.

Thanks, Beth! Yes, I'm doing that one. I should have read the reviews first, before I signed up. I didn't realize just how hilly it was. LOL... Oh well... I signed up for the 3 races/3 days challenge because I will use the first 2 races as my pre-marathon regular runs. Not racing them. But I will be running them with SO who will be racing a new distance (the 10k). I also convinced him to do the half on Sunday. He's never even run 10 miles before... I hope he still talks to me after that weekend. :-)

Good luck! but I'm sure you don' tneed it! Your SO might though!LOL  The 10k is even hillier than the

marathon route. The hills can be tough for people not used to them BUT the views and the beauty

almost make you forget about them.

The neat thing is that everyone gets a different color bib depending on what race/combo they are doing.

The "red" bib of the full Marathon Challenger is very bright and all locals know what it means.

During the 10k I had many people say "don't go too hard you need to save some energy for that marathon

tomorrow" And they have your name on the bib. The locals love the race series and its wonderful

on marathon/half day to see the support and the families out in their front yards watching.

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Remain healthy

sub20 5k if I end up running it on Jan 19th

235+ miles

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Get back to working out 5-6 days a week.

Return to healthy eating!

Drinking more non-caff. beverages.

cmb4314

- Heal up this PF.  Or at least, not make it any worse.  As it is now it crackles for the first few steps out of bed, then doesn't bug me for the rest of the day or at all while I'm running.  If it stays as is, I can live with it.  I'm armed with ice, KT tape, and supportive shoes for around the house.

- Run all of the 226 miles my plan has me scheduled to do this month, in spite of any weather challenges.  January running in MN is sometimes a serious challenge to my motivation, and I refuse to let myself give in just because of miserable weather, whether that means running in lousy conditions or being stuck on the treadmill.  This will be a big mileage PR if I can do it.  It will also depend greatly on the status of my first goal, and I'm willing to toss it out the window pretty quickly if my foot needs some time off.  Better to get to the starting line of the marathon having done less than 100% of the training, than to have to DNS because I killed my foot trying to run through an injury.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

delicate flower

Well I've set a 2013 goal of 2500 miles, so that's 210 miles per month, rounded up.  That will be my monthly mileage goal this year.  No other goals for the month other than the usual "stay healthy."

Epic fail.

<3

@runjerseygirl

1. Heal this foot.

2. Don't stress about not running.

3. Work out at least 5 days per week (same as my running schedule)

4. Eat clean(ish)

5. Keep sexy here (no need to bring it back again) Wink

Success!

Do you even run?

flarunner

Goals for January 2013:

Run every day Monday through Saturday, every week. CHECK

Run 172 miles. CHECK - actually 175

Stay injury free. CHECK - achilles problem went away

Enjoy it, all of it. CHECK

Mmmmm...beer

1. Stay healthy

2. Sub-20 5k

3. 250 miles

4. Hit 180lbs

5. Rock my 10k and 15k (both will be automatic PRs, first time for those distances)

1. Sort of?  Had some ITBS issues earlier in the month, doing good now.

2. Nope

3. Nope

4. Nope

5. 10k went great, 15k got canceled due to weather

Hmmm, not exactly a stellar month, but that's ok, I'm still on my feet, can't complain too much. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

happylily

I'd like, if possible, to finish the month with 200 to 250 miles, but since that will include a 2 week taper and 10 days of post-marathon recovery, I don't make that a set goal. I'll see how I feel. As for the marathon itself, it will be more like a long and very hilly training run for Boston, but if I run it well, I'm hoping for a BQ, and maybe even an A/G award if I'm lucky (will depend on the old broads who show up that day).

Mileage: 233 miles including tonight's run

Marathon: Survived the hills, hit desired LR training pace and managed a  BQ and AG award.

Win!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Stay healthy

Finish the Houston marathon

PR a HM two weeks after Houston.

100 miles

1- hammy that has been bothering me a little and a knee that isnt 100% Sad

2- check - 5:20 (had a blast)

3- First ever trail run. PR by over 20 min Smile

4.- 106.6 miles

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas