Beginners and Beyond

Where is everyone? MonDAILIES (Read 47 times)

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.  (OP, OP, hail the OP).

5 miles in the bag this morning right on pace.  Still working out the plan for the week with target 5k Saturday.  Time for one more hard workout Wednesday - I'm thinking a couple 800s.  Then 3 or 4 easy miles Friday morning and I'll be good to go...

I'm feeling way to perky.  Most weeks I have a case of the Mondays about now.

LRB

Supp yo!

SRD #21

+3 on the scale

AACCK!

Off to work!

Pinktastic

Good Morning, Friends!

I hope that the week is starting off well for everyone!

Granite – Thanks for starting us off this morning!  Nice run!   Your plan for the week sounds good, and I’m looking forward to your RR after the race!

LRB – What’s up?   How’s the coffee treating you this morning?    I wish the scale was only up by 3….    :-(

I’m going to see the new cardiologist this afternoon.   His office seems to be treating today as more of a formality – they’re already getting the insurance approval for the procedure next week and they’re setting up the CT scan that’s required before the big event.   Fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly from here until the after the procedure!

Happy Monday!   I hope the day is quiet and incredibly productive for all of you!    And, may your next run end with a HUGE smile on your face!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Woke up with a medium strength migraine and nausea.  At the office because I have an important hearing I cannot missed.  Otherwise, I would have been home crying my heart out.

The coffee is starting to work its magic so I hope I am good enough for a short run or SRD later today.

LRB, boo!

granite, thanks for starting us.  Nice 5.

Sarah, good luck at the doctor.

Oski, I read your thread and I'm glad you got plenty of ideas/responses.  Hoping for an answer for you soon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day. I'm trying to take more running rest days. I've run a ton of miles. I need to take more days off.

Marjorie

Jess runs for bacon

Supp yo!

SRD #21

+3 on the scale

AACCK!

Off to work!

Oh sweetie, I'm almost up to 25. Quit yer bitchin'.

Rest day to recover, my big toe hurts. Also donating blood today.

Pinktastic

Also donating blood today.

Good for you, Jess!    :-)     And, after that big ole PR yesterday, you deserve a rest day!   Congrats again!

StepbyStep-SH

Good morning, Granite!
                    LRB - Hang in there. You know that 3 lbs will come right back off once you are back on the roads.
                    Sarah - I hope today goes well and you can keep moving forward to the procedure!
                    D - Feel better!
                    Marjorie - You have definitely earned the rest.

SRD for me, with a massage this afternoon and martial arts tonight.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

obiebyke

URD for me today. Still sick, dangit, and taking the opportunity to let my leg keep healing. Maybe I should start posting in the disabled forum instead... Sad

Run extra for me, guys!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Pinktastic

Shari - Thanks for the oatmeal recipe last week!   I made it yesterday afternoon and just tried some for breakfast this morning.   Man!   It was soooooo good!   My co-workers kept wandering over and asking what that awesome smell was!   Have a great day!

B-Plus

SRD. Maybe I'll get my ass on the bike.

delicate flower

'Morning!  At a seminar and Facebook is down.  AHHHHHH!

<3

Just B.S.

SRD day today. 8.75 miles yesterday at MP. I did it but my legs were very heavy from biking 20 miles

on hills the evening before. 6 days to marathon so I am going to behave and not bike this week.

Predicted weather for my marathon Sunday is start temp of 35, high of 48, 30% change of rain.

Much better than two days ago, they were saying high of 43 and 100% rain. I am going to stop looking

now for the rest of the week. I have survived a marathon is 50F and non stop downpour (PR'd actually)

Not fun but I know I can survive it again if need be.

Pink and Oski, I am thinking of you gals.

LRB, I am up almost 3 lbs as well. But since I spent 10 days stuffing my face in Ireland I was happy it wasnt

10!

Baboon, that is not a good start to the day, seminar and F/B failure!!! You need more coffee!

Have a great day everyone!

StepbyStep-SH

'Morning!  At a seminar and Facebook is down.  AHHHHHH!

It must be a massive FB problem - I can't do anything on it this morning. Can't like, can't comment, I only see about 6 items in my news feed.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.