I thought it would be fun to start this thread this month. My goals are as follows:
1. First 200 mile month ever.
2. Run my 4th of July 5k in a manner that doesn't involve stomach cramps.
3. Continue building mileage on my MP runs.
4. Eat at least one piece of fruit every day. I know that sounds ridiculous, but fruits are not my go to sweet. I'd like to change that.
How about everyone else?
1) Fix my gutters and get an estimate on windows.
2) New girlfriend maybe.
3) Sub 1:19 HM (thanks a lot, SIAR ;p)
1) Complete my knee rehab and be officially cleared for all activity
2) Top my June milege (173 miles)
3) Reach the HM distance on a run or two
4) Keep adding speedwork
5) Finish my duathlon on July 14 without embarrasing myself too badly
6) Live to see August
Smaller By The Day
Have a great month of training. Get down to 215 pounds.
Weight 100 pounds lost
5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)
10K 48:59 April 2013
HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013
MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013
St. Jude's Hero Profile
Fat & lazy runner
1. Stay alive.2. Stay injury free.3. 170+ km.4. Running 5 times a week.
5. Buy a new pair of shoes.
1. Not get too derailed during my vacation.
Last year when I went to the UK, I really enjoyed the low humidity in the couple of runs I got in. I'm going to be accountable for making sure my niece keeps up with her pre-college fitness regimen, so I doubt I'll be getting too derailed.
5K 23:21* (Vdot 41.53) 10/13/12
10K 51:48 (Vdot 38.39) 7/15/12
HM 1:46:23 (Vdot 41.95) 11/9//13
FM 4:28:33 (Vdot 33.01) 11/12/11
*Gun time, all others are chip time
1. Continue to build solid base miles.
2. More hills.
3. Don't die.
4. No more injuries (so no more basement dance parties)
5. Work on my tan.
6. Actually incorporate regular strength training instead of just telling myself I need to incorporate regular strength training.
So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.
1. Stay healthy!
2. 200+ miles again
3. To go with #2, at least 50mpw, I hit 200+ last month, but my weekly mileage was all over the place, gonna try to be more consistent
4. Get below 185
5. Have a blast at the Summer series. My local club puts on a 3 race series on Tuesday nights, finishing with a fourth race that's their Memorial Scholarship 5k. The 3 fun races are 4 miles each and they're things like a guess your time (no gps/watches/phones allowed), a relay, etc. Just fun stuff with a party afterwards. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to make the 5k due to work, but if I do, it's probably going to be too hot for a PR, so I'll just run it hard and see what happens.
Mile 5:39 - 5k 19:26 - 10k 40:59 - 20k 1:24:55 - HM 1:28:10
Upcoming - SSNT 50k 12/21 - Shamrock Marathon 3/16
Jess runs for bacon
1)Stick with my training plan.
2) Don't get hurt.
3) lose some of this stupid weight from quitting smoking. Which means cut back on drinking and stop stuffing my face on the weekend.
1) No injuries
2) No injuries
3) Keep trucking along with my Running Wizard plan for my fall half
4) No injuries
5) Sub 60 minute 10K...I have one on July 4th and a backup on July 14th, and one I could sign up for July 20 if all else fails...this is HAPPENING
6) No injuries
7) 90 miles
PRs: 5K- 28:16 (5/5/13) 10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13) 4M- 41:43 (9/7/13) 15K- 1:34:25 (8/17/13) 10M- 1:57:23 (6/15/13) HM- 2:21:47 (10/12/13)
#1- Be able to run again
#2- Be able to do as many consecutive pushups as possible (hopefully 100)
#3- Keep my weight down while I'm not able to run. This will be the real challenge, it appears...
PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013
Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013
Will run for scenery.
1) Stay injury free.
2) Get my weight down to 185 : a 30 year low.
3) Not let any veggies spoil in the fridge.
4) Strength training 2x per week.
5) Lots of miles with smiles.
On the road TM again.
Boss of the Mangoes
1.) More miles than June. Which should be easy, if I am successful with 2.) Stay injury-free.
"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do." -Joseph Nzau
1. 80 miles for the month.
2. Lose 4lbs.
3. Be injury free.
© 2013 RunningAHEAD, LLC. All rights reserved.
| Terms of Service