Beginners and Beyond

July goals (Read 96 times)

1- have fun

2- 125 miles

3- Cross train more (Lift, bike, and swim)

4- stay healthy

5- slow down my weight gain

1- yes

2- no - 119

3- some

4- yes

5- kinda

overall decent

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

RSX

160 miles

complete long runs

weigh same or less

159.2 vs 160 (wait there's still time)

I gained 1 pound so not bad

However I bonked on my long runs over 17 in the heat, and changed my full to a half, but signed up for a fall one right after.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

July Goals

1. Stay Injury Free√
        2. Reach 100 Miles √
        3. Avoid Hot/Humid Races
        4. Stay Healthy√
        5. Reach 134 lbs or below

Boo-yah!!!! 103 miles for July!!!!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

workinprogress11

1.  First 200 mile month ever- got 201

2.  Run my 4th of July 5k in a manner that doesn't involve stomach cramps - failed, though I PR'd I still had stomach cramps.

3.  Continue building mileage on my MP runs - check

4.  Eat at least one piece of fruit every day.  I know that sounds ridiculous, but fruits are not my go to sweet.  I'd like to change that - check

meaghansketch

1. 180 miles

2. Do 90% of scheduled workouts

3. Stay injury-free, go into August feeling strong

1- Yes, 194.9 -- Would have gotten to 195 if I'd realized I was that close!

2- Yes-- I missed 2 workouts on my schedule-- one long run when I went on vacation and one interval workout I got halfway through and called it quits because I just wasn't feeling it

3- Yes-- Feeling strong and confident about my training. Very happy with my progress!

Rondog65

•  Stay healthy
              •  Get back on training, took June off from my training cycle and dabbled in a ruckus run and a sprint triathlon
              •  Survive summer running, have I mentioned today that I hate summer running
              •  get some serious bike miles in also

• Had a healthy June!!
              • increased my monthly mileage after a fun June 
              • Survival still in progress, to be determined 
              • Got one serious bike ride in over 20 miles, need more time (looking at doing a +300 miles ride in May?)

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

I don't think I actually set any specific goals for July, at least not related to running.

I did manage to push out 87 miles in July, not my highest month, but a pretty good one none-the-less. My first week was low-mileage so the trend is upward a bit.

Injury-wise, some minor pains in the right knee when descending hills a couple of weeks ago. We'll see how that pans out next weekend when I run on Missionary Ridge. Nothing steep, but it's a constant up/down incline so I should give the legs a good workout. Downside of the pain is that I'm a little reluctant to train on hills right now.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

1) Fix my gutters and get an estimate on windows.

2) New girlfriend maybe.

3) Sub 1:19 HM (thanks a lot, SIAR ;p)

1) yes

2) no

3) did not attempt - got my 5K A-goal instead.

Mmmmm...beer

1. Stay healthy!

2. 200+ miles again

3. To go with #2, at least 50mpw, I hit 200+ last month, but my weekly mileage was all over the place, gonna try to be more consistent

4. Get below 185

5. Have a blast at the Summer series.  My local club puts on a 3 race series on Tuesday nights, finishing with a fourth race that's their Memorial Scholarship 5k.  The 3 fun races are 4 miles each and they're things like a guess your time (no gps/watches/phones allowed), a relay, etc.  Just fun stuff with a party afterwards.  I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to make the 5k due to work, but if I do, it's probably going to be too hot for a PR, so I'll just run it hard and see what happens.

1. Done!

2. Done, and a new monthly PR, 227.5 miles!

3. Close enough, had one 49 mile week, the rest were 50+ with one 62 mile week.

4. I'll have to check in the morning, but there's a good chance I made this one (didn't weigh for the last week when I was gone)

5. Didn't make this one, missed all 3 fun runs and the 5k, oh well, that's how life goes sometimes.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!