Beginners and Beyond

SunDaily Penguins "Keep It Spoice" !!!! (Read 23 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the caommon benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Spoice "“an exclamation of gratitude towards life. It's the proper word to use when you find yourself in a situation involving a multitude of positive things at once"

Good Morning Pengs.  Looks like another track run for us.  6 or until we get dizzy, whichever comes first.

PADRunner

Morning Penguins, rest day for me, but may do a little elliptical.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Good morning! 3-ish on tap for later.

I posted this pretty late last night so many people may have missed it, so I will post it again for anyone who was curious about my visit to the hospital yesterday where my cousin's wife is:

Quick update: My parents and I got to the hospital, and as soon as we got there, my cousin's wife began breathing on her own. They took her off life support and she woke up! She was cognizant and talking and fully awake for the first time since this all started last week! She was awake and talking....even laughing and making jokes. She is doing so much better! Unfortunately she has no memory of the last 2 years of her life though. She knows who my cousin is but does not remember their wedding and didn't know they were married (they recently celebrated their 2 year anniversary). She does not remember that she has a baby Sad they showed her pictures of her daughter and she thinks she is cute but doesn't know she is hers Sad The short term memory may return though, and if it doesn't I guess there are worse things in the world than forgetting 2 years of your life. She is awake and her vitals are stable, that is what matters most!!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  A run or bike workout or both.  We'll see.

Kristin, glad to hear.  The memory will come back I am sure.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

hog4life

RD with a bike ride and some garage cleaning. Anyone wanna help me with my garage? LOL

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

RD with a bike ride and some garage cleaning. Anyone wanna help me with my garage? LOL

You're on your own there lol

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

PADRunner

Hmm, maybe a bike ride would be nice.

GinnyinPA

Jerry - that's a new word to me.  I like the concept though.  Good luck at the track.  Are you getting more snow today?

PADRunner - enjoy your cross-training, whatever it ends up being.

Kristin - good news about your cousin's wife.  Have they rescheduled the surgery?  Hope your run goes well.

Damaris - Have fun with your bike/run or both.

Mitch - DH is in charge of the garage, and he is a pack rat.  If it were up to me, we'd toss 3/4 of what's in there (and the office and the closets and the basement) but it's not so we have a garage we can't park in because there's no room.  Bike first or afterwards?

AFM:  Another cold gray day.  I'll probably do some cross-training in the basement - either bike or yoga - to loosen up after yesterday's run.  This go around I've been a lot more stiff and sore than the last two times.  I don't know if I'm doing something different (i.e. TMTS) or if it's just that I'm a year or two older.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

Kristin: Smile

Hog: I am going to order the night splint this week.

Ginny: I'm feelin' you on the age thing.

PAD: I hope the knee is better.

D: Having fun with the bike?

3 easy unplanned miles with DW and now we're off to day 3 of the DD's swim meet. She has been killing it so far, very fun to watch. Smile

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Missed our 6 mile goal.  We ran EIGHT (better make that 7.2 based on 1:17 time.

Check the Olympics snowboarding news for the use of "Spoice".

No snow today. The sun is out, but more sub zero is on the way.

Now for some Brekkie.

Dad on the run.

Think I will take a RD today. Legs are pooped.

Going to to the park t shoot off some model rockets with a friend then heading to Target to finish registering for the baby.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

SheCan

Good morning! 3-ish on tap for later.

I posted this pretty late last night so many people may have missed it, so I will post it again for anyone who was curious about my visit to the hospital yesterday where my cousin's wife is:

Quick update: My parents and I got to the hospital, and as soon as we got there, my cousin's wife began breathing on her own. They took her off life support and she woke up! She was cognizant and talking and fully awake for the first time since this all started last week! She was awake and talking....even laughing and making jokes. She is doing so much better! Unfortunately she has no memory of the last 2 years of her life though. She knows who my cousin is but does not remember their wedding and didn't know they were married (they recently celebrated their 2 year anniversary). She does not remember that she has a baby Sad they showed her pictures of her daughter and she thinks she is cute but doesn't know she is hers Sad The short term memory may return though, and if it doesn't I guess there are worse things in the world than forgetting 2 years of your life. She is awake and her vitals are stable, that is what matters most!!!!

HOpefully her memories will return.   That's hard, but at least she's alive.  I"m glad she woke up before her surgery and is able to talk to everyone.  AGain hugs.

Today I run 11-1/2 miles.  A friend joined me on the early part of the run which was nice, and kept me from thinking too much.  Now I'm trying to get ready to go see the family of a friend who passed away last night.  Sad

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

GinnyinPA

Cherie - this has been a hard winter for your friends.  I'm sorry.  It's nice that you had a good run first.

Jack - congratulations to your daughter.

Jerry - good job on the 7.2.  Did you lose count of your laps?

Jimmy - your legs should be tired.  Enjoy the rest day.

It's snowing.  Again.  AAAARRRGGGHHH!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Her surgery will be tomorrow or Tuesday if everything keeps going well.

3.2 outside. It was slow and I felt in bad need of a good foam roller session after. But it was nice to get outside before more snow comes this evening.