Beginners and Beyond

Sunday Penguins are Sleeping in (Read 24 times)

GinnyinPA

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

GinnyinPA

Unless I missed an earlier thread.

Hello Pens.  It's another beautiful day, so DH, Ben and I are heading up to the hills to splash in the snowmelt.  The refreeze is supposed to start tomorrow or Tuesday, so I'm really enjoying these few gorgeous sunny days.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hi Ginny.  5 miles on the streets for us.  A little cold today, so I had toe and hand warmers on.  Ended up taking off the gloves as the sun was warm.  Felt good, but a little slow.  Still have to watch out for the potholes.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Here's what DW and I are doing right now

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  Quiet day here.  Not doing much, as usual lately.

Nice picture, Jack.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

6 miles.... 51 degrees "feels like" 57....gorgeous!!!! Hard to believe winter will return tomorrow with a high of 33 and snow predicted Tuesday and Wednesday. Also....no walk breaks....just one for about 30 seconds where there was still a huge pile of ice and slush about 15 feet long that hadn't melted, but I hardly count that.

Oh and about to go visit my cousin's wife in her rehab facility. She "met" he daughter yesterday and said, "Oh she's so big! I remember her much smaller!" aka she remembered her!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Finally put together a 40 mile week.  Feels good.  Now to get back to 60.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Bin Running

Fly by.. Weekend trip was good but didn't get any run in.. 2mile for the week.. Argh!

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar