Beginners and Beyond

So long Arthur Saturdailies (Read 43 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Haha Lily.

We need an interesting topic.... haven't had one in a long time lol...

Come on.  Open a thread, so I can ask if it was the rough sex!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

B-Plus

Good luck Beth!

14 miles soon.

LRB

Thanks D & lily! Big grin

I am more excited about the double digit run.  lol

Congrats!

LRB

Back from brunch where I ate way too much, BAROOFABLOOF!

What can I say though, I was hungry. 

From the Internet.

I am more excited about the double digit run.  lol

Congrats!

Oh that too, haha, that was my second double digit run ever! Now I'm feeling very prepared to make it to the beer garden at the end of the 10 mile race that is on my calendar in a few weeks Big grin

LRB

Oh that too, haha, that was my second double digit run ever! Now I'm feeling very prepared to make it to the beer garden at the end of the 10 mile race that is on my calendar in a few weeks Big grin

Awesome!  You have come a very long way and deserve it!

Nice!

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Nice!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Afternoon! Lauren, congrats on getting your offer accepted!

It's a hot one up here. Currently 86F with a DP of 71. RD for me since it's a day after a race. I might run tomorrow though. I did manage to write up a 14 week HM training plan based on Daniel's 3rd Ed. I think it will be nice training for a HM, because for the last year it's been only the marathon distance. I capped my mileage around 50 mpw, which I think is doable for both the distance and the fact that DD#2 will be here any day. I don't want running to become a distraction when there's a new baby.

I think I'll stay down here (in my basement) where it's cooler a while longer and then maybe go out in to the garage to cut some wood. We'll see.

- Andrew

happylily

Afternoon! Lauren, congrats on getting your offer accepted!

It's a hot one up here. Currently 86F with a DP of 71. RD for me since it's a day after a race. I might run tomorrow though. I did manage to write up a 14 week HM training plan based on Daniel's 3rd Ed. I think it will be nice training for a HM, because for the last year it's been only the marathon distance. I capped my mileage around 50 mpw, which I think is doable for both the distance and the fact that DD#2 will be here any day. I don't want running to become a distraction when there's a new baby.

I think I'll stay down here a while longer and then maybe go out in to the garage to cut some wood. We'll see.

Wow, hot day for you there! 50 miles capping is perfect for HM training, you'll do great. How exciting about the new arrival! I hope your DW is not too bothered by the heat. Most be tough when pregnant. Here's to a happy and healthy delivery and a beautiful new addition to your family! 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Zelanie

Morning!  Gearing up for another crazy day here, since Costa Rica plays again in a bit.  And people are ramping up for sure.  Some parts of downtown are just plain closed, for example you can't go out on the balconies there because they don't want them to collapse.

I did my 12 mile LR this morning because I had the time.  Started off feeling super excellent, had to make a pit stop about 4 miles in, then had a tough time getting into the zone afterwards (plus I had to switch from the standard to the metric treadmill)  30 more minutes in and I was feeling good, so that's probably a good sign.

It's looking promising for another successful week of marathon training this week. Smile  I am really liking Hanson's so far.  I'm within about 3 miles of the highest weekly mileage I've run, and the way it's structured I just don't feel as drained as I did when I was running the same miles with Pfitz.   So far.  We will see.

LRB

Morning!  Gearing up for another crazy day here, since Costa Rica plays again in a bit. 

I am really enjoying your Costa Rican tales and pictures!  Be sure you are somewhere safe and not in the middle of a billion people should their team lose.  Not saying they will necessarily, but some of those countries go fuckin loco over soccer, especially after a loss.

Zelanie

I think we are watching it at somebody's house again, but yeah, it's definitely good to be aware.  From what I hear, it might actually be more dangerous after a win.  Nobody here is unaware of what the odds are today.

delicate flower

Just swinging through to update....

65 mile ride done.  14.0 mph with 5400' elevation gain and headwind the ENTIRE TIME.  I am spent...so much so that I didn't even run after the ride.  The food at the wedding tonight better be good because I am going to eat ALL of it.

<3

LRB

I think we are watching it at somebody's house again, but yeah, it's definitely good to be aware.  From what I hear, it might actually be more dangerous after a win.  Nobody here is unaware of what the odds are today.

Excellent!

What's on the menu today?  Anything odd like a flying lizard?  lol