Beginners and Beyond

So long Arthur Saturdailies (Read 43 times)

Docket_Rocket

I had lunch and ate too fucking much.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Today I am going to eat whatever I can get my mitts on!  Probably won't hit any cafes because of the game, though!

LRB

I had lunch and ate too fucking much.

Too fuckin much is not enough, you need to eat too motherfucking much.  Now go back and finish the job! 

Docket_Rocket

Too fuckin much is not enough, you need to eat too motherfucking much.  Now go back and finish the job! 

I ate the whole plate!  Anyway, I am running in less than 3 hours and that will be hard enough as it is.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

Just swinging through to update....

65 mile ride done.  14.0 mph with 5400' elevation gain and headwind the ENTIRE TIME.  I am spent...so much so that I didn't even run after the ride.  The food at the wedding tonight better be good because I am going to eat ALL of it.

Holy shit, that's good! I used to cycle a lot when I was in my teens. I remember going up to Lake Placid one weekend. I pushed my bike all the way up. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Slept in, wife went for a long walk while I coffeed and ate my oatmeal, didn't get out the door until almost 1!  16.3 miles done out at the swamp, great run even in the heat, negative split the back half.  Stuffing my face, then it's time to cut the grass. Smile

Hope everyone is having a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

Hey everyone!

Slept in, wife went for a long walk while I coffeed and ate my oatmeal, didn't get out the door until almost 1!  16.3 miles done out at the swamp, great run even in the heat, negative split the back half.  Stuffing my face, then it's time to cut the grass. Smile

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Me cut the grass after running 16 miles?   lol

You are a Boss yo!  

LRB

I ate the whole plate!  Anyway, I am running in less than 3 hours and that will be hard enough as it is.

K.  Have a big dinner though.   

Looks like spaghetti with fake ass meatballs, real ass wine and toasted gatlic bread with a shit load of garlic for me yo.  

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Lily if no one said posas is pronounced SO ASS.

It is a very deep muscle. Starts in the front of the lumbar spine. So it is not atop the maim abdominals. It is under them.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

It is a very deep muscle. Starts in the front of the lumbar spine. So it is not atop the maim abdominals. It is under them.

That's what I actually meant and it came out as atop, haha.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

And of course me being the Detroiter I am pronounces it with a short A like SO IS.

And yes, I also add an S to everything; Fords, Krogers, Meijers, JC Pennys. 

happylily

Marjorie, thanks for the info! SO ASS, SO ASS. Should be easy enough to remember. One of these days, I'll have to study a bit of anatomy so I can understand better what's going on with the old chassis. 

Detroiter? I never heard that word. Guess it sounds better than Detroitian.

Zel, great job on the 12! Falling balconies? OMG! What's happening with the match? I can't see any results...

happylily

Oh and me and the boy are having chili. Chili is the only meal I can make which is actually edible. So the boy won't complain of child abuse tonight (he says Costco food is killing him... where do they learn these things? )

happylily

Me again... I forgot to say: I ran 8 miles at 8:11 pace in 81F temps. And I did 50 more push-ups. I'm all pushed-up for the day. Tomorrow, no core work, it will be all about the LR. Hope I don't fuse with the TM belt in that heat...

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Good afternoon all!

12 this morning + 4 this afternoon practicing running and soccer with the DD.

I dunno what the race + miles on the 4th did, but this AMs 12 miler was at a 7:41 average.  Just felt good... it wasn't the weather either: I started late in bright full sun.  79F and 70 Dew point.   Very little wind.

Who the F knows...   just run with it.   Wink