Beginners and Beyond

The FriDAILIES are in the house! (Read 45 times)

LRB

What up doe peeps!

No running for me today which will likely be my last Friday off for a long time as I finally make the transition back to running 6 days a week beginning next week, which is the start of my 10 week half marathon plan and I am really looking forward to that.

It has been three years since I last ran a half marathon and yes if anyone is curious; the sky is the F'n limit!

Anyhoo, I have to take my stupid truck in to be serviced and will walk to work from there (about 2 miles), up first though is clearing all the crap that fell yesterday from the driveway so I guess I will burn some calories after all.

Peace!

delicate flower

HAPPY FRIDAY!  No meetings on my work calendar and two of the people who enjoy interrupting me the most are out of the office.  Fingers are crossed for a quietly productive work day!  Three day weekend too (MLK), but it looks like I'll be coming into the office Monday anyway.  Meh.

7 miles at 7:52 pace last night.  Effort was somewhere on the easy side of medium.  7-9 miles planned after work before Wife and I head to Vermont for the weekend. 

LRB, you're going to hammer a half marathon.  Any ballpark guesstimate on what you've got in mind for a time, or is that top secret info like who shot JFK and where the moon landing hoax really took place?

<3

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

LRB nice to see you doing so well!

SRD for me. I considered going to the gym this morning but truth be told I'm pretty sore. I've been hammering away on that bike pretty hard, and doing a lot of strength stuff and I was scared it would be too much. So I'll do my PT exercises for my foot (I didn't get PT but my friend who is a sports PT hooked me up with some exercises and stretches when I told her I was having trouble with ankle strength and mobility after 5 weeks in the boot) but otherwise it is rest for me.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

happylily

Day one of week 2 of the push-ups challenge and 12 easy miles later today.

Have a great day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Morning & happy Friday all.

Had to come into the office at 6AM today for a videoconference with Europe & Japan. But had to brush a bunch of snow off my car first. Plan to get in a lunchtime run; only brought my treadmill clothes, based on the road conditions this morning.

Dave

StepbyStep-SH

Not sure if it is laziness or prudence, but I am going to bag today's run. Glands are swollen up, sinuses are filling up and I just feel icky. I am hoping that letting my body rest will kick this out the door quickly so I am back to normal before my marathon next Sunday.
              Instead, I will run a few errands, do some baking, and try to get a short yoga video in for the stretching.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Zelanie

Morning!  10-13 for me today after work.

LRB- Looking forward to reading about your training!

Phil- Sounds like the starts are aligning for a good Friday for you!

kristin- You've been working hard.  Enjoy the RD.

Happylily- Glad you've got your TM working again.  Enjoy the easy miles.

DaveP- Good luck on the lunch run.

Step- Sounds like prudence to me.  Take care.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Because of Daisy's death I forgot all about the pushup challenge so I'll join you guys next week.  Just remind me.  7 miles on the schedule but I feel like a truck ran over me.  We'll see.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

Morning dailies! Upper body weights yesterday, URD today. My leg started giving me grief after a 2 miler on Wednesday, focal pain on my shin, but I think it may just be a bruise and not cause for panic after all. Planning to give it another day and then try a short run tomorrow, will call the orthopedic doctor on Monday to rule out a stress fracture or something equally troubling if it's worse after running.

LRB

Anyhoo, I have to take my stupid truck in to be serviced and will walk to work from there (about 2 miles), up first though is clearing all the crap that fell yesterday from the driveway so I guess I will burn some calories after all.

I ended up walking 2.35 miles burning a paltry 233 calories in the 38 minutes it took me to trudge through all of that shit!

I should have taken one of the 16 offers for a ride I had but no, I do not like bothering people.

Ugh, I disgust me!  >:-/

I ended up walking 2.35 miles burning a paltry 233 calories in the 38 minutes it took me to trudge through all of that shit!

I should have taken one of the 16 offers for a ride I had but no, I do not like bothering people.

Hey, you're bothering me right now with all your whining!

Dave

LRB

Hey, you're bothering me right now with all your whining!

Right?  Who in the hell burns only 200 calories.  I can do that sitting on my couch. 

Zelanie

Right?  Who in the hell burns only 200 calories.  I can do that sitting on my couch. 

That's like when my Garmin tells me I'm going at a 20:00 pace when I am standing still.

happylily

Who the hell counts calories like that? It's not manly!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

That's like when my Garmin tells me I'm going at a 20:00 pace when I am standing still.

Does that mean you are going nowhere fast?  lol

Lily baby, I must be having a bad day.