Beginners and Beyond

Race Report and Photos: Donovan's Run - St. Patrick's Day 5K (Read 41 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Glad you can see the photos, sorry about my screw-up with the first link that did not work.  Thanks to Awood and LRB for letting me know.

Last time I actually 'raced' one was in 2003 and my running years before.  My 5K PR is 26:52.  Not very speedy, but then, I never was very speedy.  Now, with the arthritis I have, I have to take walk breaks. If I don't, my back nags me like crazy for the next few days.  Kind of hard to actually RACE when you have to stop every once in a while, lol.   Well, it is what it is and I'm okay with it.  I had 'my day" of actually racing and now  these are my 'nothing but fun' years for my Senior Citizen years of running. Big grin

I think I ask you that every time and forget the answer lol.  It's almost like your version of Gallowaying the race, only way more cool since you're taking pictures.  You still do an awesome job and should hardly qualify as a Senior!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

Nice report and pictures, that trail looks like it'd be fun to run on. Especially if they put beer at the end of it.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

Mostly harmless

Nice RR and I love all the pics.

+1 to what Adam said. Any race with beer (and sausage) at the end is worth running!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Great pics as usual Scotty.

Loved the old couple with the bagpipes, and the guy who wore his Italia jersey just because.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good job, Scotty! Nice pics and some nice beer too!

Now, if HoopLa could figure out how to get my avatar picture back.... Smile

But enough about that - I enjoyed your RR as always!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

hog4life

Nice report Scotty, congrats on #17.