Beginners and Beyond

How much of a weight loss would you be willing to accept? (Read 273 times)

LRB

Lilly, It's been a while you'll have to submit new pic's. Big grin

Didn't you see her latest addition to the legs thread?  Think, Boom Shaka Laka!

Pics of my pitiful ribs? I don't think so. Big grin

i like ribs....probably why I am the heaviest dude in the thread for 40 LBS Smile

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Docket_Rocket

I can tell you my weight.  That should make you feel like you need 1000 calories more per day.

You're all making me feel like a walking skeleton. Big grin Hopefully there is something wrong with my scale. I'd better check into that...

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Luke79

Well, I'm 6'2" and 185 lbs.  BMI says I'm okay, but I'd like to be about 170.  In 2 years of running I have not been able to lose 1 pound because I can't get my eating under control.  It's much harder than quitting smoking for me, not even close.

I think 170 is about where I should be without the gut I loathe so much.  I would be willing to go lower than that if it would improve my performance.

I was 6'2" and 135 when I went in the Air Force.  I had to get an underweight waiver to get in lol.  It's hard to imagine that now, with my lard ass self Smile

StepbyStep-SH

I haven't read all of the responses, but in reply to the original question ...

I would gladly be 10-15 lbs below what I am now (5'5" and about 130), and I was about 10 lbs lighter 10 months ago. I have a terrible time keeping my eating clean enough, though, to drop weight and maintain that despite running 40-50 or more mpw and doing strength training.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Ball of Fury

Count me in the group who would love to be about 8-10 lbs lighter, but can't seem to get up the motivation to do it...I love my wine dammit!  Although my BMI is around 21-22 now, I was about 8 lbs lighter last summer and felt pretty good.  However, my hair started falling out and I had athletic amenorrhea for about 6-7 months so I gained a little bit to see if that would go away.  It did, but now I wonder if I slowly got back down to that weight, if I would be okay (I had lost almost 70 lbs in 6-7 months so my body was just in shock).  I keep saying I am going to get serious and eat/drink clean, but yeah, haven't done it yet (well, I eat clean about 80-85% of the time).

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

MrNamtor

I would lose 10 lbs if i were totally dedicated to being the fastest runner possible.

Dad on the run.

Right now I am 6'4" and weight 201.8. That puts my at 24.6 on the BMI scale which just does squeeze me into the normal range. I don't want to get any smaller than 175-180, this sits me around 21-22 bmi. According to the BMI I could lose down to like 155 and still be "normal" although I am sure my wife would disagree.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Dad on the run.

Didn't you see her latest addition to the legs thread?  Think, Boom Shaka Laka!

+1

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Better I Leave

Interesting thread. The pic you see in my avatar is me at 195lbs. I'm 5'11" and got as low(3 years ago) to 174lbs and I looked (IMHO) horrible. Today I'm at 183lbs and I aim to go to at least 190lbs, so I'm looking to gain.

Why? Vanity...Pure and simple (at least I can be honest). Marina digs my physique at that weight. She's even made it very clear that if I continue to run and I begin "looking like those runners", that she'd be forced to tell me to stop. I can run a good distance at a pretty respectable pace at my current weight and I harbor no illusions of being a front pack leader...But that ain't my goal.

happylily

For Dave, my lifting coach. Big grin

Is that scrawny or am I still a bit muscular? Or both? Undecided I think that for BMI to say that I'm way underweight is a bit exaggerated...

Forgive my disheveled hair and my un-cooperating left arm.lol... It was very early in the morning. And I ran 16 miles late last night and so was a little tired when I took the picture. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

pcolajen

kind of a big deal

my current BMI is 22.

my goal weight BMI is 20.

my "i can see my abs" BMI is 19. (prob not happening again, it's been 10 years since i've been there.)

all in normal range.

edit: lily, you look fantastic. i wouldn't stress about the BMI chart.

happylily

my current BMI is 22.

my goal weight BMI is 20.

my "i can see my abs" BMI is 19. (prob not happening again, it's been 10 years since i've been there.)

all in normal range.

edit: lily, you look fantastic. i wouldn't stress about the BMI chart.

Thank you for calming my insecurities! :-) I think your BMI is probably just about perfect, FWIW.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

StepbyStep-SH

Lily - You look fantastic!

I think a lot of the perception, especially for women, can be in where they carry their weight. Someone mentioned being a size 6 in pants despite a BMI that put them at nearly obese. My guess is that person carries more weight in the upper body (i.e.  actually has boobs). For me, all of my weight is below my waist. Even if I were near the "underweight" category, my pants size would still be a 4-6 or higher, because the last place I lose fat from is my backside. When I buy a 2-piece swimsuit, I need a small top and medium to large bottoms.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

MrNamtor

For Dave, my lifting coach. Big grin

Is that scrawny or am I still a bit muscular? Or both? Undecided I think that for BMI to say that I'm way underweight is a bit exaggerated...

Forgive my disheveled hair and my un-cooperating left arm.lol... It was very early in the morning. And I ran 16 miles late last night and so was a little tired when I took the picture. Big grin

Raaawr!