Beginners and Beyond

Freaky Fridailies (Read 37 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Well that was a short week, and since I don't see a dailies yet.... I will start it 

Anybody getting cooler weather yet, or at least a break from this humid shit?

Rocky and I got 6 miles in this morning, 72 degrees and 94% humidity (DP of 69) so we took it pretty slow for Rocky. Not to mention I was having stomach pains, so just didn't feel like pushing anymore than a slow pace.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

HOORAY FRIDAY!!

7 miles last night on a hilly route, 7 miles before work this morning on a flat route.  All at an easy effort.  I am at 50 miles for the week with my LR yet to come.  Sweet.

Heading up to Maine with DW for the weekend as she makes her 70.3 debut.  GOOOOO WIFE!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Cool weather?  What the fuck is that?

6 and weights tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning.  Cool weather?  What the fuck is that?

6 and weights tonight.

Your crappy state doesn't count D.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Still pretty warm & muggy here today.

Only 4.2 miles this morning; HM tomorrow. Hope it cools down a bit.

Good luck to MBC this weekend, looking forward to frequent SherpaGrams!

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Good luck to MBC!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Morning!  It was cooling off here last week, but today it will be back in the 90s.

Yesterday I had to be at work early, had a fairly stressful day there, then had to stay late too.  When I got home, I just didn't have the mental energy for a quality workout, so I ran today's easy 6 instead.  So today I still have my 12 with 9 at MP to run.  I'm seriously considering taking a nap after work before going out. Smile

I did get to run in a new pair of Saucony Rides yesterday.  I realized that I didn't have any active shoes with fewer than 200 miles on them, so it was time to bring in a new pair.

Good luck to MBC and Dave!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hiya Dailies.

DaveP: Go for it. I hope you get a PR

Baboon: Good luck to MBC and I hope your sherpa skills are up to date. Have fun up there, I bet it's nice.

Week 1 of my break from running is over. I am going a bit nuts not running and I may have put on a pound or two but the break has helped my legs recover (finally). Unfortunately my injuries are still lingering and I am guessing that they will take their own sweet time to heal. I'm doing what I can to help them. Grrrr... I'm looking forward to an easy run next week. I have a drum gig tomorrow night at a dive bar so that should be fun.

Have a good weekend.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

10 done - (8) x 5 min @ tempo w 1 min rest between

i didn't like it one bit. Nope but I'm glad it's done!

LRB

Once ready, some nice easy running will be a good stimulus for you Jack and will help things along.

Each time that I have been on the bench there comes a point when you have to "return to your sport".  When you do resume running, sometimes you are not necessarily 100% healed.  It is the light running that hastens healing at that point.

delicate flower

HM tomorrow. Hope it cools down a bit.

DESTROY IT IN THE FACE!

<3

LRB

swam 6 easy miles this morning ran 6 easy miles this morning and am hopeful for some crispier runs soon.

I had a red cord session yesterday and definitely felt it all about the hips today.

LRB

DESTROY IT IN THE FACE!

lol lol

Docket_Rocket

Good luck, DaveP!!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Did 10.4

Marjorie