Beginners and Beyond

What's Your Favorite Drink? MonDAILIES (Read 290 times)

LRB

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!       

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up and stay awhile (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

LRB

I don't get to have this tasty treat that often at all, but mine is a B-52 layered with Kahlúa, Baileys Irish Cream and Grand Marnier.

Hmm, I can drink those bad boys all night...I actually did once and took a two hour nap during a party I was hosting!  "Where's Rick?"  Wink

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I am off to attempt a run.  Will report back later.

LRB, B-52s are very nice.  Mine would be martinis.  I really don't like shots (B-52s are the only ones I used to like).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Weezer88

Same here Damaris - attempting on run on a tender groin.

Rick, you really know how to get the day started.  I'll stick with bourbon neat.

Sore from Saturday's LR that I may have done a 'little' fast. This run will be very easy (pace, that is).

Off to post my miles for the 2012in2012 game on RWOL - I surpassed my goal of 2,400 - WOOT WOOT!

glass of bourbon

I AM WEEZER.

Docket_Rocket

Congrats on the miles.  Boo at the groin.  Tell DW not to kick you in the balls while you sleep.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

@runjerseygirl

Depends on the time of year.  Around now, a chocolate martini really hits the spot.  A cosmopolitan or appletini will get me through the entire year.  And a margarita is the drink that gets me through the summer.  No salt.  Wine is always good, too.  Pinot Grigio is my wine of choice.

No running today.  I have all the in laws coming over for dinner tonight, so too much to do, not enough time. Sad

Do you even run?

I'll take a good ol Captain Morgan with diet coke........just might have a few tonight.

No run or workout today............heading  to serve coffee this mornng to the weary travelers at a Rest Stop south of town with my Eagle Scout son for our Boy Scout Troop then work for a couple hours and family time afthat that.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning! If I have to drink hard liquor, my drink of choice is amaretto sour. I'm a beer drinker myself. Blue Moon... yum.

I'll be heading out for a couple easy miles soon. Have lots of baking to get done today.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, Dailies! Happy Christmas Eve!

My favorite drink right now is coffee! Mmmmmm.....

I don't know if I'll be running today or not. Lots of family stuff going on. It's a madhouse around here, I'll tell you that! But it's a good madhouse, mostly.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

SRD for me today.  Yesterday's discovery during 9 mile LR was a half eaten peanut butter and jelly sandwich on a sidewalk.

At Christmas, it's a time for traditions. None the less for The David Letterman Show. It's his show's tradition every year to invite Jay Thomas on the last show taped before Christmas to retell "The Lone Ranger Story". - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFabfnfhIaY

Favorite drink at the moment is OJ.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

Just B.S.

Hmmmm, pretty much a non drinker here, can I still say hello?Smile  Over the last few days I have been

enjoying a few glasses of my yearly bottle of  Burg Layer Schlosskapelle........yes I'm a wild one!!

Managed to squeeze in 9 miles yesterday. No idea how much running if any will ge done from the

24th-26th. We are having 15 for Christmas dinner, today is prep day, then of course Christmas

tomorrow then my birthday on the 26th with the entire family going to see the Hobbit together and in

general doing my bidding!LOL.

Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday, Happy Tuesday or whatever your pleasure!

flarunner

Maybe it's because I don't drink, but when I see B-52s, I think of the band: "Rock Lobster", "Devil In My Car", "Legal Tender", "Love Shack" (Yes, I have all of their stuff). Cool

Anyway, did my 'easy' 5 miles this morning at 4:30. Not real quiet out, but not as busy as usual. Temp was 50*.

Have a fantastic Christmas Eve everyone!

Jess runs for bacon

A good glass of wine does the trick for me.

Kind of cranky, couldn't do my long run this weekend due to ITB issues. I'm glad there is some buffer in my marathon training schedule. I'll take a RD day today and do my long run tomorrow.

LRB

Good luck on your run D!

Weez, straight and to the point, nice!

Kay, I have the funniest story you will ever hear regarding cosmopolitans!  Someday I'll share that...

Spark, as popular as it is, I have not tried the captain yet.  I think I'm gonna resolve to do that!

Wassup, bozy, Tom and April!

Lilac, a girl after my own heart!

Good morning Beth!  Wink

Hi Flo!  Legend has it that a bartender in Alberta was inspired by The B-52's and that drink was the result.  I have quite a bit of their music as well!  Their music transcended genres, and has stood the test of time.  And besides, who doesn't love Fab 5 Freddy?  Wink

flarunner

...snip...  And besides, who doesn't love Fab 5 Freddy?  Wink

That is some old school, right there. ::thumbs up::