Beginners and Beyond

What's Your Favorite Drink? MonDAILIES (Read 290 times)

Ball of Fury

Thanks Damaris!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Supp T/3, SIAR, jneilt, Purple, Mr Skywalker, Baboon (I must be the only one here that doesn't know that song!), Flip, Kristin and the forum member formerly know as Mallet Girl (TFMFKAMG)!

D, I'm starting to think that you are a machine too!

We all know girls have their own stuff they need to do (makeup, hair, nails etc...) but men have to deal with stuff too such as shaving.  It may sound petty but it's a frickin bore.  Having said that I have not shaved since Thursday, and now my face looks like a raccoon coat!  Smile

Nice try.  Do you think we don't shave??  And we have more ground to cover, too.  Though I have to say, I shave a lot less in pants weather than I do in shorts weather! lol  Poor DH...

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

LRB

Um....we have to shave more body parts than you do!

I'm not sure if you were around for that thread on the BF, but I shave as much hair as you ladies do.

Will run for scenery.

What happened ?  I usually come to this joint for coffee?

IRL I keep it simple : scotch, gin, or red wine from spain/argentina/chile.  But for an awesome hoidy-toidy drink I like a Tantris. Its got whisky, cognac, Chartreuse, pineapple juice, and 5-6 other things in it.  Keeps a bartender busy.

Rick, that's the truth about shaving.  Shaving itself isn't so bad, it's having to shave that sucks.  I look like an ozark moonshiner when I let it go.

Well, my first drink o' the day is gonna be a classic : coffee and cream.  ("regular", for some folks). Prolly do my usual run and bake my pie.  Snow starts at 8:00 pm.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Docket_Rocket

Apparently, you're now to come for shaving.

IRL I keep it simple : scotch, gin, or red wine from spain/argentina/chile.  But for an awesome hoidy-toidy drink I like a Tantris. Its got whisky, cognac, Chartreuse, pineapple juice, and 5-6 other things in it.  Keeps a bartender busy.

Rick, that's the truth about shaving.  Shaving itself isn't so bad, it's having to shave that sucks.  I look like an ozark moonshiner when I let it go.

Well, my first drink o' the day is gonna be a classic : coffee and cream.  ("regular", for some folks). Prolly do my usual run and bake my pie.  Snow starts at 8:00 pm.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Um....we have to shave more body parts than you do!

And, it is very much appreciated! Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

Though I have to say, I shave a lot less in pants weather than I do in shorts weather! lol  Poor DH...

Isn't it nice when you can do that?  That's why I've been happy these past four days!

jjs, an ozark?  Hilarious!

CrisRuns

Return to running, day 7

We flew into Salt Lake City yesterday. My daughter was sick in the plane. My son was sick in the Olive Garden's parking lot. I was sick over night... So I was in bad spirits when I woke up, especially when I discovered that the others had breakfast while I was sleeping, and then they ran off skiing right away.

I got a waffle and some fruit for later and I went for my rw. It was drizzling, but not windy. I looked for a trail, the Jordan river trail, but I missed it, so I ended up running on suburban sidewalks. Not bad except for the concrete. I saw the trail head on my way back, so now I know.

Brisk walk to warm up, 6 times (3.5 minutes run and 1.5 minutes walk). Brisk walk to cool down. 21 minutes total running, 3.5 total miles. 47 minutes total time.

Note: this flat lander wonders how it could all have been up hill?! Bonus: I did not get lost. I am anxious about that in a new place.

I am much happier and feel much better now.

Gin and Tonic, or just Dirty Gin, or a good Margarita or a good Pinot Noir , or a good Wheat Beer - I'm not too discriminating and it depends on my mood.

Trying to decide whether or not to run today.   I ran two days in a row ~ 5 miles each.  This would be the first time I would run 3 days in a row since being injured earlier this year.   If I run, it will probably be a very easy 3 ish miles.

Back to read everyone else's plans for the day and favorite drinks.

You can call me Anna

Rubybaby43

enabler

Beer -- beer is my favorite drink.

And for the MonDaily part -- 3.5 little baby miles done on a day that is normally a SRD.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, Runner Friends!! Smile

KLO

more miles = more beer

LRB

Trying to decide whether or not to run today.   I ran two days in a row...This would be the first time I would run 3 days in a row since being injured earlier this year. 

Same here, I passed.  I will wait a month or so before I do that...I think.  Wink

Good call on the dirty martini.  I had the best one in the world at a place in South Beach called Jerry's Famous Deli.  Not one dirty since that day has come even close to that one!

Which reminds me, the best pina colada I ever had was also in SB.  It was at an outdoor bar at an open mall somewhere by the waterfront.  They used ice cream in it and it was probably the best drink I have ever tasted!  Shit, I need to get back to South Beach!

Hi Cris, and Kristy!

My Kenyan friend boggles my mind.  He just posted this on facebook-

"Just did 28miles (45.5kms) longrun @ average speed of 6:40/mile with 7miles intervals of 4:50/mile spread in the run and still smiling thanks to my Coach and mentor Dan......"

Ca-ray-zee.

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

@runjerseygirl

Get waxed.  Problem solved. Big grin

Do you even run?

Will run for scenery.

Get waxed.  Problem solved. Big grin

Or get plastered.  All problems solved. Approve

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

CrisRuns

+ 2 on waxing. No stubble.