Beginners and Beyond

Ringing In Spring 5K with my daughter - her first race EVER (Read 83 times)

The Mc

Great post!  Awesome way to spend some time with your daughter.

Papa don't take no mess.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Aww, love it. Smile

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

Congrats to your daughter! That's great that she wants to give it a try!

MM #8764 / HF #6535 / Double Agent #668

PRs: 5K - 27:43, 10K - 57:14, HM - 2:06:18, FM - 5:22:42

~How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were supposed to be?~

Mostly harmless

Great RR and congrats to Miss V! I have run a few races with my kids and enjoy those more than any of the others.  It's great that the two of you had this experience together and I hope this is the first of many.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Awesome!

I have 2 daughters that have zero interest in running.  When forced to in gym class, they hate it more than anything. DW does some run/walking of 5k's, and was trying to get the girls interested in doing one with her. Trying to downplay the level of activity, she said "it's mostly just a lot of walking". One DD replies "you lost me at a lot of walking".

Dave

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

Nice job Dad, a wonderful story as a parent.  You did your DD proud.  In my 8th graders school, virtually everyone tries out for the track team, it is a cool thing to do.  And they havent lost a dual meet in 7 years.  Hopefully she will continue her interest, picking out an event that suits her (with your help hopefully), and then start a fire that will last her a lifetime.   Props to you Mr. V.

Congrats to you and your daughter! Great pic. Some of the best runs I've had have been with my daughters.

GinnyinPA

Congratulations on making your daughter's first race a fun experience.

Two of my grandchildren (age 12-13) ran their first 5k a couple of weeks ago, along with one set of parents and one grandfather.  Making it a family experience encouraged everybody.

SheCan

Good for you for doing this with your DD!   By making this such a good experience for her, I hope she feels inspired to keep running.  Nice picture of the 2 of you together.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nicely done.  Congrats to you and to your DD.  Nice touch, crossing the finish line together.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt