Beginners and Beyond

The Marshall University Marathon. A wall of wind is still a wall. (Read 148 times)

From the Internet.

I'm in pain and tired just from reading your RR. You have some serious mental fortitude LTH. Great job and congrats on the sub-3:00!

Mmmmm...beer

Outstanding!  Great job digging deep and pulling it off at the end.  All of those miles definitely paid off.  Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

TakeAHike

Wow. That was one hell of race. I enjoyed reading about your methodical preparation, the trials before the race and the race itself.  You forced an amazing performance from a body that wanted nothing to do with that pace.  I will think about your last mile when I am finishing my next race.  What a gutty effort.

2013 goals: 800m: 2:20 | mile: 4:59 | 5k: 18:59 | 10k: 39:59 | HM: 1:32 | Marathon: 3:20

outoftheblue

What great resolve you showed out there.    Truly an outstanding effort and result.   Bravo!

Life is good.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Congrats on the sub 3 hour finish!!!!! Your RR was quite entertaining and I love the last sentence. Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Great report with nice detail. Thanks for sharing.  Congrats on exceeding your goal, despite the many challenges you faced. Good stuff!

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

workinprogress11

Hard work equals just reward. I'm so glad you were able to translate your training into the result it deserved. I'm still catching my breath after reading your report.   Your family being there was icing on the cake. I will carry your determination with me the next time I feel like my race is getting "too hard".  I'm also curious where your focus will turn to next. Many congratulations!

Philliefan33

You, sir, are one tough dude.  Congratulations.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

LtH, what did you eat and drink for your massive carb load?

Pinktastic

LTH - Congrats on your triumph over injuries, Mother Nature, and an overall miserable race!    You really ROCKED that race!   Love that your family surprised you by being there - totally awesome!   I hope that you heal up quickly!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

RabbitChaser

Awesome job, Brad! Congratulations on putting all that hard work to use and getting your sub-3:00! Thanks for sharing the RR.

Dad on the run.

Incredible race, your dedication is to be admired. I can't even imagine how that race would have went if you hadn't felt the way you did and there wasn't the wind issue throughout the race.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

SheCan

Fantastic!  Congratulations for a sub 3 marathon (I swear only superheros run that fast.)   You've certainly earned it.  Even nicer that your wife and kids surprised you, and watched you finish along with your parents!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Congrats. I just had 4 exclamation points after that but then thought better and deleted them. You worked hard, and even with a very discouraging few weeks before your marathon, you still hit your goal with several seconds to spare! I enjoyed the honesty in your race report. As a less experienced runner, I really appreciate RRs about races that aren't always sunshine and rainbows, especially from more experienced runners. I learn so much from all of your RRs, as well as enjoy reading them. Thanks for sharing.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Hip Redux

Congrats, LTH.  I don't think I've read a RR where someone hit their goal sounding miserable for most of the race.

No more Elmo chair to fold laundry.

Also - !!!!!!!  Just because.