Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies - Move it! (Read 43 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hope everyone has some good runs today.  I'm up for just an easy 8ish with a friend.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 6 tonight.

Didn't sleep much because Trixie has been vomiting.  If she would stop eating right after she vomits, maybe it wouldn't repeat?  Silly cat.  If it continues, she is going to vet tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Sorry about Trixie, Damaris Sad

SRD for me. Hoping to have a more "normal" week of running this week after taking an unplanned cutback week last week.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

Just getting up.  Mom, is that you?

delicate flower

Happy Monday, folks!  It's going to be a busy day for me in Cubicle Land.  However, it'll be more tolerable knowing how I have series of shortened work weeks now.  Four days, followed by three days, followed by two days.  Basically I have 12 of the next 20 calendar days off.  I can live with that.

Speedwork on tap after work, which means discomfort.

Have a great day!

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Did my 44th race of 2013 on Saturday:   http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/df0bf29830634651b146d2625d9c4be3/resume#focus

Sunday, was up at 5:30 a.m. and did a run/walk at Fort Sam Houston.  Nice and quiet on the base at that time of morning!  Especially on a Sunday.

Rest day for me today.   July is going out and August coming in,both with a vengeance here in San Antonio.  Our predicted highs for this week:  every day over 100 degree....getting to 103 on Wednesday!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Yoga this morning. Extra intensity added, no extra charge.

Have a great day everyone.

Dave

Hip Redux

Starting the week of right - oil change this morning.  But first... coffee.

Hoping the weather stays unrainy so I can take the kayak out after work.  

Pinktastic

Good Morning, Friends!

Happy Monday to ya!!

SIAR – Thanks for starting us off this morning!   Enjoy your run with a friend!

Damaris – Sorry Trixie kept you up.   Hope she’s feeling better!

Kristin – Have a wonderful SRD!   :-)

LRB – Good Morning!!  How’s that coffee tasting this morning?

Phil – How the heck did you get that glorious schedule?!?    Hope the speedwork goes more smoothly than you anticipate!

Scotty – Congrats on your 44th!   What the record for most races you’ve ever done in a year?   Are you on track to top it?

Dave P – Extra intensity at no extra charge!   BONUS!!    Have a great day!!

Oski – I can’t wait to hear about the maiden voyage of the kayak!!   Hope you’re planning to take pics for us!!

Well, last week got a little exciting for me on Thursday.   It started off like a typical day.   I got up and walked Abby and then went on a 4.51 mile run.   It was uneventful.   I showered, dressed, ate and started working.   I had an appointment for a routine stress test (heart trouble on both sides of the family so more precautionary than anything).    I anticipated smooth sailing.

I got to my appointment and they ushered me back for the pre-test EKG that they would use to baseline the post-treadmill EKG.   The doctor came in after the 1st EKG.   He asked about family history and asked several times if I ever felt light-headed, short of breath, heart palpitations, etc.   And, then he said that I was in atrial fibriliation at that time.   WHAT?!?    I felt fine.    We talked a little more, and then I got on the treadmill, did the heart sonogram and another EKG.

The end result is my heart muscle is healthy and strong, and there are no visible blockages anywhere.   But, I was in a-fib the entire time that I was in the office (heck, I might still be now).    The doctor put me on a beta blocker and referred me to another doctor who deals with the “electronics” of the heart.    My appointment with that doctor is 8/14.

And, yes, I did ask, and I can still run (of course I asked!).   I have to pay more attention to how fast / hard my heart is beating when I’m running and slow way down if necessary, but I can run because it’s good for the heart muscle.     J

At any rate, all that was quite a shock to the system – probably more mentally than anything because I didn’t see it coming.    It took me all of Thursday and most of Friday to wrap my head around the whole idea that I have heart issues and that I’m at a higher risk of stroke, heart attacks, etc.   I think I kinda have a handle on it now.   Maybe.

I ran 4.35 miles on Saturday and 6.28 on Sunday.  Today is an SRD for me.   I’m looking for a much quieter week this week.   No chance of that though.   We’ve got peeps in from other sites this week and I’m on babysitting detail.    hooray…..

Have a Pinksational day!!   And, may your next run be simply GLORIOUS!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Hip Redux

Holy crap, Pink!   My friend had that and had the ablation to correct it - she's had no issues since, thankfully.

Docket_Rocket

Wow, Sarah!  Scary.  Glad he cleared you for continued running.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Good morning everyone!

SIAR - Hope you enjoyed the 8 with your friend.

DR - I hope Trixie feels better soon.

Kristin - Hope you get to have a normal week. I'm hoping for the same after a crazy week last week.

LRB - Good morning, hope you find your way to coffee.

Baboon - Glad you have something to look forward to when facing a crazy day. Enjoy the speed work and shortened weeks ahead!

Scotty - Looking forward to your RR, and enjoy your rest day.

DaveP - Hope you enjoyed the yoga.

Oski - Hope the weather holds out. Kayaking is so fun.

Pink - Will be thinking of you!

I wasn't kidnapped by the cast of Deliverance last week, but I have been off the grid. Here's my update...

I survived the staff retreat. My fellow runners and I did manage to escape for a bit and explore some trails. We found a pontoon boat and made it our little hangout for one of our few breaks. That was pretty much the only good thing about the whole retreat.

The weekend was a mix for DH and I. We made a quick trip to Asheville which was fun. We got to visit my goddaughter which is always a treat. When we got home we found out one of our friends died unexpectedly at the age of 41. Details are still coming out, but what we know so far is he had a heart attack. It's been a tough couple of days for our group of friends.

DH and I went for a run last night and that was good for us both.

I'm getting a haircut and working mostly from home today so I can catch up on forums. Big grin New shoes should also arrive today, so I'm hoping all that bodes for a better week.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies.

Pink, I'm glad they found your heart condition. Hopefully that works itself out without issue.

Hobbit, sorry about the loss of your friend. It really stinks when they're that young.

I did 7 miles worth of Hills today. Being from a place that's generally pancake flat meant that I needed to find a bridge and go up and down the pedestrian walk way. Nothing earth-shattering, but did manage to get 419 ft. of elevation gain. It's better than 0, and I did keep it faster than my Easy pace.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

YIKES Pink - always something!  At least you're in a good position to get a jump on it before it becomes and issue.  Stay strong!

PT again today.  YAY.   Today is my first full day at my stand up desk - wish me luck!! Smile