Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies out the door early this morning! (Read 41 times)

delicate flower

It is 8:15.  OMG WAKE UP.  I tagged along with DW and her running partner for a five mile trail run this morning.  We met at 6:00.  In the morning.  On a Saturday.  This is not something that people without kids normally do.  Anyway, it was a nice run.  Trail running was a nice change of pace, though my knee doesn't love it.  This morning's run puts me at 49.98 for the week.  That is not sitting well with me.

Lots of chores to do and errands to get done today so I won't be on the computer much.  I just wanted to get these dailies started, mostly so I can talk about myself for a bit.

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT SATURDAY!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 8 TM hilly miles tonight.

Baboon, how can you live with yourself?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Where the hell is everybody else?

Anyways, I forgot to set my alarm this morning. I wanted to get in at least 3 unplanned miles, but maybe the extra sleep is better. I've got 14 miles planned tomorrow morning. Today I am taking my little man to a really awesome riverfront park in Owensboro, they've got a cool water park thingy for kids and I know he'll love it.

Don't know if ya'll can see this, as it is on my facebook page but this was during our hike Thursday.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10203068904196789&set=vb.1631280978&type=2&theater

And here is my racequilt!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Nice quilt!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Smile they shipped it yesterday, so hopefully I'll see it Tuesday or Wednesday, I can't wait!

Nice quilt!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I'm in Jay territory! I'm in Buffalo. Going to Lilly and Beth's country tomorrow to run the Niagara Falls Women's Half. Of course, I likely have bronchitis so that's fun.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good Morning, Dailies, and happy Saturday!

Since I wasn't told NOT to run, I ran a bit this morning. nothing big - 3 miles, easy pace. Now that I know what's wrong with my knee, I felt a mild nagging twinge of pain. Nothing huge, but I can no longer convince myself that there's nothing wrong. Dang!!

Anyway, the run was fine. It finishes up May with 54.3 miles, the most I've had in a month since last November.

I'll be toning it down from now on though. Surgery is scheduled for 6/27, and I probably won't be allowed to run for 2 months after that so I might as well get used to the lack of running.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Yo.

Baboon out for a run at 6AM, what is the world coming to?

I was out at 6:50, which is late compared to weekdays, but early for a weekend. Moving towards getting out first thing on weekends rather than lounging around for a couple hours first, since it is getting warmer. Although makes the longer runs a bit tougher since I don't eat or drink first (or during).

13 miles at 8:55 avg pace, although from 7 on it was all 8:40ish, which is faster than usual.

So my parents, MIL & a SIL are all in town for DD1's graduation tomorrow. Gonna be a crazy weekend.

Have a good one people.

Dave

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Freesoul, you've got a future marathoner there! Smile

Nice quilt, BTW. Where is that made? I've got enough races that I could probably cover a king sized bed.

Kristin - enjoy your half tomorrow. Hope it isn't Bronchitis.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

4.1. Toe is doing better

Marjorie

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I hope so lol, or at least I hope to have a future running buddy.

It was racequilt.com, a bit much some will say - around $260-$300 for 20 shirts. I found out just a week or so ago about someone local who would do it for $200, but I had already sent these off. Maybe when I run a few more races, I'll have another one made. I didn't send the dri-fit and really nice ones that I wear though, just the cottons and the long sleeves.

Freesoul, you've got a future marathoner there! Smile

Nice quilt, BTW. Where is that made? I've got enough races that I could probably cover a king sized bed.

Kristin - enjoy your half tomorrow. Hope it isn't Bronchitis.

PRs

Zelanie

Morning!  I have the Girls on the Run 5K in a little bit- I am a running buddy for a girl from my school.  Then it's time to work more on that cake.  I got the layers made last night, now I need the frosting and filling.

Phil- Glad you enjoyed the trails!

D- Good luck with the hill workout.

FreeSoul- That's a fantastic quilt!

kristin- Hi again.  Hope you feel better in time for the race.

Tom- Glad you got some answers and a date for the surgery.  Too bad the rest of us can't get in to get stuff like that fixed as quickly as the NBA players get their knee surgeries.

DaveP- Congrats to DD1.  Morning routines for runs are always tough for me to figure out all of the variables.  I think I'm going to have to be mostly a morning runner this summer, though, so hopefully I figure it out myself.

Marjorie- Glad the toe feels better!

LRB

Where the hell is everybody else?

I have been up since 5:10, where the hell where you? 

What's up crew!  I got out for a workout at the track this morning of the VO2 max interval variety.  It is one the most basic workouts but also one of the most important, right behind tempo runs (lactate threshold) and intervals.

I recovered for 3 minutes between intervals which is a little long, but right now I am more concerned with attaining and holding my target speed for each rep, the shorter recoveries will come with time.

1 X 1200 @ tempo pace + 5 X 1000 @ VO2 pace.

4:48

3:41

3:43

3:42

3:40

3:42

3.1 VO2 miles in 18:30 (5:59).

10.1 total miles

Now it's time to go eat shit up!

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Finishing up my coffee, then it's off for a long run on a beautiful sunny, breezy day. Smile

Andrea, the quilt looks great!  My MIL makes great quilts and has made several for us as presents.  I might have to see if I can talk her into making a race shirt quilt. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Freesoul, you mentioned Owensboro. Ever been to Moonlite BBQ Inn? I actually ate there once.
                                Went for the Mutton, stayed for the Brisket. It was fairly decent, actually.

Work related trip - we visited Owensboro Municipal Utility the next morning before heading on to other places.