Beginners and Beyond

B&B Guidelines, Running Jargon & Other Stuff (Read 1243 times)

xor

FWIW, I was just suggesting adding a table of contents (btw, this editor lets you do honest to pete tables, but I don't necessarily mean that) for the arcane chat and game threads to the original post of this thread... not trying to monkey with your excellent doc.

Docket_Rocket

I can update that page at any time, but I can't follow all the various teams and what-not.  But if someone puts it together, I can add it to the doc.

Or I can hand it off to someone else.  The page is just a simple HTML document with a bit of CSS formatting.  I started it and I formatted it, but a lot of people contributed to it, so it isn't really "mine."  It could likely be copied and pasted into a post here.  But then that person has to take the responsibility for editing it and keeping it updated.

As requested by SLR, I added additional terminology about the chat threads.  Anything else that you guys want to add, let me know.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

runfoolery

IMTPT Thread - Chat thread that began as a double post whereby the OP changed the name to I Didn't Mean to Post This (IDMTPT).  Soon enough, it turned into a chat thread, later revamped as the I Meant To Post This Thread (IMTPT).  Everybody is welcome to post.  However, PTOTD might be discussed.

Umm.... what is PTOTD? Something of the day?

Docket_Rocket

Umm.... what is PTOTD? Something of the day?

Yes, but I didn't want to post the meaning there. Poop and the rest you got :-)

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

aponi

never runs the tangents

Those really long threads with like 200 some pages or that went on for years always scared me off. I felt like if I didn't wade through the whole thing I wouldn't **get it** and well yea that just scared me off.

that is all

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

clintmorningwood

Thanks for posting this; it cleared up a lot.

I don't know if this is sticky worthy, but I managed to save Goop's Roundtable Training thread. I say save because half of it is gone due to his ban.

Roundtable Training Discussion (BF version)

Thanks for posting this; it cleared up a lot.

I don't know if this is sticky worthy, but I managed to save Goop's Roundtable Training thread. I say save because half of it is gone due to his ban.

Roundtable Training Discussion (BF version)

That's great!  Smile  

Better I Leave

I see the term "splits" used often. What are those?

Better I Leave

Guess it was a stoopid question. My bad.

Docket_Rocket

Guess it was a stoopid question. My bad.

Splits are your pace per mile.  Each mile = split.  Also, if somebody said negative splits, means they ran X part (the first one) slower than the second part of the run.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

SusanRachel

Splits are your pace per mile.  Each mile = split.  Also, if somebody said negative splits, means they ran X part (the first one) slower than the second part of the run.

Actually, that is the definition of "lap."  A split is the cumulative time (time at 5k into the race, time at 10k into the race, etc). 

Docket_Rocket

Actually, that is the definition of "lap."  A split is the cumulative time (time at 5k into the race, time at 10k into the race, etc). 

You're right. Except Garmin uses them interchangeably.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

CrisRuns

So, did the Mammals move over here?

Docket_Rocket

No, we're in FB.

So, did the Mammals move over here?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

I noticed that the meltdown thread was locked, but the naked photo Pine Grove Dave posted never removed. Multiple people have expressed a wish that it be removed. It is a clear violation of the rules in this post. Might I suggest either amending the rules, or fairly enforcing them.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54