Beginners and Beyond

B&B Guidelines, Running Jargon & Other Stuff (Read 1243 times)

RSX

I noticed that the meltdown thread was locked, but the naked photo Pine Grove Dave posted never removed. Multiple people have expressed a wish that it be removed. It is a clear violation of the rules in this post. Might I suggest either amending the rules, or fairly enforcing them.

Yes I agree with re-opening the thread

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

Oh, I see we change the rules to suit the forum favorites! Isn't that nice!

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

Mostly harmless

In what world is posting a nude pic on a "family friendly" forum acceptable? Really?

Really?

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

In what world is posting a nude pic on a "family friendly" forum acceptable? Really?

Really?

I like you.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

RSX

Really?

What part of that thread was family friendly?

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

In what world is posting a nude pic anywhere acceptable? Really?

Really?

FYP

Mostly harmless

Seriously though. No matter which side of this or any argument you are on, no matter who you like and don't like, allowing the selfie nude pic to remain posted this long is a mistake.  I can see why some people thought it was funny but it still should have been taken down.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Love the Half

Folks, I'm a moderator here but I don't read every line of every thread as I do have an actual job that I have to do in order to make my mortgage payment.  If I had seen nudie pics, I would have immediately deleted them as it clearly violates the forum rules.  But, since I don't read every thread, and I typically stay out of the meltdown threads since I am no longer in middle school, neither I nor other moderators are necessarily aware of something.  To the extent you see something that you think clearly violates forum rules, such as nudity, send us a PM.  A message gets my attention immediately.  Something buried in the middle of an 82 page thread does not.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Love the Half

And, oh by the way, since I am a volunteer moderator and don't even get a beer for doing it, "immediately" in my world means whenever I happen to open the forum during my day which may mean several hours go by before I see your message.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).