Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES Are a Little South of Sanity (Read 34 times)

Coffee. I just had some more.

I'm on my way to the gym.

See y'all later.

delicate flower

See y'all later.

BYE!  Have a good gym!

Good morning and Happy Tuesday.  Back to the fun JOB after a three day weekend.  I'd rather still be sleeping.  More snow today, which means more treadmill today.  7-8 miles after work.

<3

10 on the treadmill, way too early. Lots of snow out there. Ugh.

Dave

happylily

Basya is a beast!

Slowly waking up here. 45 minutes to wash up, get dressed, unlock the door, hang a smile on my tired face and extend my arms to welcome the munchkins. After work, 11 miles with 5 at HM pace. No baby has arrived yet, 8 days late. DD might have to deliver at the Jewish Hospital instead of with her midwife. She's not happy about that, she wanted an all natural birth. :-(

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Phil, have a pleasant run on the TM.

DaveP MI, ten miles before sunrise? You win the dailies.

Lily, enjoy the eleven. I hope that DD has a safe and uneventful delivery.

6.0 miles in 59:42. 9:57 pace.

LRB

Good morning and Happy Tuesday.  Back to the fun JOB after a three day weekend. 

'Sup!  Let me know how that works out for ya, I have one more day off.

I was supposed to run fast at my loop, but we got dumped on like a mofo last night!  I am thus caught in sort of a pickle; go slog through that crap, or go to work and run on the treadmill.  

I guess you win, Boon.   lol

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Sorry snow folks, it will be 81 degrees in San Antonio today!  I am leaving work early for a routine hospital appointment at Brooke Army Medical Center on Fort Sam Houston - since this is my birth month the military system schedules all my annual appointments during this month - and then will head over to the gym to get some miles in and all this sunshine.  Probably do one of my hill routes today.

Coffee...    Orange juice...I just had some!  Hope your gym workout went well, Basya!   Wait...I just got to the end of the page...you're ALREADY done?  How in the heck early do you go to the gym?  Sheesh!

I'd rather be sleeping too, Phil, I'm right with you there!  My co-worker has been out for a week  or so - medical issues -  and I have to do all her work as well as mine!   I feel for her, but this double-work thing is getting old.    Happy TM running, Baboon, and stay safe in all that crazy weather you're having!

You too, DaveP and LRB?  What is up with all of you getting all this snow?  Is there yet ANOTHER storm going across the nation?  Someone needs to kick Mother Nature's ass.  Where's that damn Thor with his hammer when you need him?

Wow, 8 days late, sorry to hear that, lily.  Did the baby hear about the crazy weather?  I wouldn't want to come out either into that!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Rick, I hate to say it. I vote for the hamster wheel.

scottydawg, I hope that your appointment goes well and that you enjoy the hills.

I don't know which feels better post-run: a hot shower or a fresh pair of socks. It's a tough call this morning.

Oh, and school will be dismissed at noon. What's that? I can do Rick's interval workout at a civilized time? Oh yeah!

LRB

Scotty, I would rot in pieces in 81 degrees, especially the humidity that usually accompanies it.  You can keep that crap.  lol I am anxiously looking forward to morning runs in the high 30's - low 40's, my mostest favorite temps to run in!

B, I am hoping the path will be cleared by the time I get there, although I am certain there are runners out there already.

From the Internet.

Morning dailies! 3 miles yesterday, 3.3 this morning. Legs have been oddly achy when not running but totally fine while running, so I'm just rolling with it for now. Off to talk to middle school kids about DNA and science in a few minutes - stage fright is setting in D: I put together a short talk on how we use our knowledge of DNA and cell division principles to make transgenic mice, hopefully they'll think it's cool and it won't totally go over their heads!

Zelanie

Morning!  Got my 10 in last night and have 6 easy scheduled for today.

Happylily- Hopefully the baby will come soon, maybe he/or she just doesn't like to be told what to do. Smile  Speaking of which, I was almost happy to read that you ran your miles as one run last night.  It reminded me of the old days when you would dodge phone calls from your coach.  I just couldn't see you stopping early when you knew you had the legs and time to keep going, and the opportunity to just be DONE!

LRB

I put together a short talk on how we use our knowledge of DNA and cell division principles to make transgenic mice, hopefully they'll think it's cool and it won't totally go over their heads!

My generation would have been lost, kids these days eat that stuff up.  Oh, and run more!   

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning.

Had a pretty bone-headed moment last night. Got DD ready for story hour. Drove to the library. Guy asks for parking money, and I tell him that I'm going to the library. He replies, "The library is closed on holidays." Crap! So I went to get the pickup washed since it was around the freezing mark. Then I stopped by the store since pregnant DW asked for some ice cream. Ok, twist my arm.

Today is the day that we find out how the baby is doing, and what the gender of the baby will be. Smile

On the running side of things, 12 miles completed on the TM this morning. It was uneventful.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

B-Plus

My generation would have been lost, kids these days eat that stuff up.  Oh, and run more!   

I'm lost just reading the topic 

5 miles later

Will run for scenery.

No baby has arrived yet, 8 days late. DD might have to deliver at the Jewish Hospital instead of with her midwife. 

Maybe a good dose of guilt is what the baby needs. "You could have been born on time like Brenda's girl.  That child came out just like clockwork.  Like clockwork, I tell you.  I hear she's planning to be a dentist....."

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!