Beginners and Beyond

THURSDAILY Penguins (Read 22 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Happy Birthday Abe L.   One of our better politicians.

3 easy miles after work.

PADRunner

Morning, the last 6 in my series of 6's done.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good morning!

3.3 miles done earlier this morning.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

My son shares a birthday with Abe Lincoln - he's 19 today!

Jerry, enjoy your easy 3.

PAD & Robert, nice running.

I have to get in a run at some point, but not sure when.  I'm booked from 7:15-noon.  By then it's supposed to be in the mid 80s; we have a heat wave today!  Maybe I will wait until the sun is getting lower at about 4:30 and see how far I can go until dark.

MTA: sorry about mentioning the heat wave...I know some of you just cannot relate!

Docket_Rocket

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

tracilynn

Morning pengs

Jerry- news mentioned Chicago and how cold it's gonna get there.  Stay warm.

nice running robert & pad

Robert - when is your next race?

pad- you are getting so close.

Brilliant - you can take your 80s and shove  

Enjoy your nice weather!

stick it to him D!  Ha

20 mph north wind here so headed to gym for a few hilly TM miles.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning all!  Streak run today and then a doctor's appt.  I'm thinking about having him test my ferritin levels and such because I'm going to be increasing my mileage and I'm basically vegan.  I don't really go to my PCP because I'm never really sick enough to go (and well visits in your 20s seem stupid to me).  I'm hoping I can save time and just get the gyn to run the tests for me.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

tracilynn

Sapf- just tell them you are very tired and they should do it even if you are Unfasted.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

I have a busy day today so I rolled out of bed at 4:30 and ran 8 miles, ate, showered, and off to work. Some of you might remember I play drums in a band? We have some higher profile gigs coming up so the singer thought it would be a good idea for us to get a promo thing together. Today we have an appointment with a "real" photographer in a studio for a photo shoot. LMAO!!  I feel like a real rock star. This Saturday we are playing for 500 people at a big Valentine dance and soon we are playing at a minor league hockey game and baseball games in the spring.  Too funny. If I get any good pictures maybe I will put one on here or FB. LMAO, this is hilarious!

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Quartet rehearsal last night was long and tiring, but good I think.  Chorus rehearsal tonight!!  

Jerryb -- Have a good easy 3!!

PAD -- Woo-hoo for your final 6!!

Robert -- Nice 3.3, woo-hoo!!

Brilliant -- happy birthday to your son!!  Heat wave, poo!!

Docket -- Woo-hoo for your 8!!  And eek about David Cassidy!!  I feel bad for stars who end up bankrupt.  You just never know if they were ripped off or made stupid decisions.  Either way, it's a shame.  

traci -- good idea to stay out of the wind!!

sapf -- have a good streak run, and the ferritin test is probably a good idea!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Jack -- woo-hoo for your photo shoot and gigs!!  After all, that's why we do this, right?  For the paparazzi? 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Robert31320

Team TJ

April 4

Robert - when is your next race?

Running for TJ because he can't.

GinnyinPA

Jerry - I assume the 3 will be indoors?  Have fun.

Damaris - good job on the early miles.  Interesting client.  Is he nice?

PAD - you're getting close.  Are you nervous?

Robert - another early runner.  Good work.

Brilliant - I hope you manage a run, despite the heat.  Any shady parks?

Traci - with that wind, running indoors is a good idea.  Good luck.

Jack - nice early run.  Sounds like you're going to be having fun over the next few weeks.

sapf - we have a lab that will do a "wellness panel" for about $60.  It is actually a lot more detailed than the blood test I get from the doctor, and includes ferritin levels.

HopesMom - have fun with your rehearsal tonight.

AFM:  Short run later.  It will probably be  on the TM because the wind has dropped the real feel temp to the low 20s and it's supposed to get colder by mid-afternoon.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Jack, you ARE a Rock Star !!!