Beginners and Beyond

Penguins Tuesdaily (Early) Hump Day (Read 20 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

'Morning Pens.  Looks like we will be running inside this afternoon.

Good luck with the HM training, Kathleen.

PADRunner

Morning! 6+ done this morning. 2 warmup plus 8 x 5 1/2min tempo runs with 1 min rest between and 2 min between 4&5.

tracilynn

Morning! 6+ done this morning. 2 warmup plus 8 x 5 1/2min tempo runs with 1 min rest between and 2 min between 4&5.

Are you following a plan? Which one? Nice run.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Quartet rehearsal tonight, so I'll have to pack in the morning for our drive to NC.  We're supposed to get a bit of snow tomorrow morning, so that should be interesting.  Need to make sure we have blankets and water in the car, just in case!  For snacks, of course, we'd eat the cheesecake!

Jerryb -- have fun running indoors!!

PAD -- Woo-hoo for your 6+!!

traci -- good morning!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

HopesMom, have  a great trip.  Good idea on the blankets, just in case.  I'm bringing a blanket for our drive to Colorado, plus a mylar blanket from my last race. I knew that would come in handy again someday! Wink

Pad, nice intervals.

Jerry, have a good run later.

Traci, enjoy your day!

4.3 easy run for me this morning.  Getting ready to pack and head for Colorado.  I'll probably get in a couple of treadmill runs while we're gone.  This SoCal runner is not equipped to run in 20 degree weather!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

URD from running but we are going on an 8 mile hike up to Observation Point so I guess that counts for something. Smile we will also do a shorter hike so it could be  a 12 mile day.

I will be sad when it's time to leave.  Lol.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

4.4 + yoga with DH this morning.  It was his first ever yoga class :-)  He was too cute/inflexible.

I'm trying to convince him to run the Brooklyn Half with me in May.  I know there's no chance of getting him to run the Manhattan Half in January, but the weather is nicer in May and he has the JPMorgan Corporate Challenge in June so that would set him up to run that reasonably well.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

GinnyinPA

Jerry - sorry winter has come back so quickly.  Good luck with your indoor run.

HopesMom - safe travels.  Be careful on the slick roads.

PAD - nice tempo run.

Brilliant - travel safely.  Where in Colorado?  I hope the altitude doesn't affect your running.

Jack - enjoy your hikes.  Is it still as cold?

sapf - I hope your husband agrees to the race.  It would be fun to be training together at least.  I have tried to talk DH into joining me for yoga when I do that, but he just laughs.  As inflexible as my body is, his is much worse.

Cool and cloudy here, but good for running.  I'll do an hour or so this afternoon.  Not looking forward to the next couple of days. (Snow all day tomorrow and then travel on Thursday in the aftermath.)

Good morning! And what a beautiful morning it was. First thing I saw when I stepped out for a 4 miler, was Orion hovering in the horizon. It was dark enough for a headlamp, but as soon as I got off the road and onto the path, it was light enough to turn it off, but still dark enough to soak up the stars. Ahhh...crisp, clear, delightful, just perfect!

sapf - I have been dying to take a yoga class for years. I just can't seem to get it into my schedule, but just know it will be wonderful. Last night, I put together a HM training plan that I'll start after I work on base building. I actually scheduled yoga for Fridays. Not yet sure how I'm going to carry this off, but if it's on paper it is a little more real. Actually thought about researching yoga dvd's. Anyone seen any good yoga dvd's lately?

So I know today is really Tuesday, but in my book, today it's Friday! Tomorrow is a full day off to myself with no obligations! HOORAY. Then in come the troops for the holiday. For the most part, I'm ready. One of the things I'm looking forward to the most is disappearing for my runs. After committing to the Holiday Streak, it's a great excuse to leave the dishes in the sink. Maybe when I come back, they'll be magically done by someone else. I can dream, right?

Have a great Tuesday/Hump Day/Friday everyone!!

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Ginny: it is only super cold early in the morning. We are getting a late start today and it's already 40. It should be up to 53 today. It's hard getting the kids up early when we are on vacation. Smile

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Been in court all morning.  6 planned for tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Greetings from Sunny San Diego. The Blerch got me big time last week, we'll see how this week goes.

In other news, I took a new job at my same school (interviewed last week along with conferences), so next week I have a training in Orlando. Just call me Zel the jetsetter. Hope I can get some miles in, but I think the pace bunny will win 2014.

PADRunner

Are you following a plan? Which one? Nice run.

It's a custom plan from my coach. I'm pretty sure it's Hanson based. He gave me a schedule through my half on Dec 14 and I need to get the rest for my marathon on 3/1. If you can see my calendar you can see what all it has. I swapped some days around a little to make it fit my work schedule.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Rest day for me.  It's been raining here for nearly 48 hours now, nearly non-stop.  Hoping it will stop by tomorrow so I can get some miles in.

Running for TJ because he can't.