Beginners and Beyond

No ThursDAILIES to be found? (Read 43 times)

StepbyStep-SH

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

Boy, somebody's slippin'! It's 7:35 Central and no dailies yet?

I ran just short of 10 miles this morning, though at a slow 10:14 overall pace. Still much better than the run I bagged on Tuesday. Loved watching the clouds turn pink as the sun came up, with the moon still shining off to the west. Humid, but at only 60*, humid isn't so bad.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Haven't checked in much this week and haven't run much. Been at a very physically involved training for work that has left me so sore and exhausted. Maybe a few miles tonight though.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Will run for scenery.

Howdy Folks,

I'm wolfing down a bagel and coffee and heading out for a pre-thunderstorm trail run.  Shooting for 12 miles, no walking.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Hip Redux

Sort of way too excited to wake up not in pain this morning after my short run/walk session last night.  I hope Happy Groin is here to stay.

Taking off early tomorrow to get a massage, so only 1.5 days left in the hamster cage, then weekend!

Dunkin Donuts makes the worst iced tea.  I'm not sure how it's possible to screw it up, but they do.

delicate flower

Hello, and hello once again!  I had a great run last night.  8 miles at 8:15 pace.  Medium-to-tempo effort.  I'm starting to think about my next HM and what to shoot for.  It's 7 weeks away (Sept 14) and I am running faster now than I was heading in my last HM last September, which was my PR race (1:45:00, 8:01 pace).  Running 8 miles at 8:15 yesterday makes me think 8:01 is not my current HM pace.  I guess I've got some time to figure that out.  There's a 10K on Aug 25 that DW and I are thinking about.  I think if we do that, it'll be a good indicator.

Speaking of HM's, I've got a 13-15 miler on tap after work today.  The weather is looking great...low 70's and cloudy.  I hope the rain holds off.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  12 miles done this morning.  Working from home.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Dunkin Donuts makes the worst iced tea.  I'm not sure how it's possible to screw it up, but they do.

They make crappy coffee too.

::braces for the wrath of all New England::

Dave

Hip Redux

They make crappy coffee too.

::braces for the wrath of all New England::

No disagreement from me!  I don't drink their coffee except under extreme duress.  Or laziness.    I got an iced coffee last week and they put so much milk in it, it was the color of my skin.   And I am very pale.   So... yeah.

Zelanie

Morning!  I took my music with me for my outside run yesterday for the first time.  I still think it's kind of cheating, but it was nice to have a little something extra yesterday, since it was hot and I was running on tired legs.

Today is a RD and date night with DH, then tomorrow we leave for vacation!  After I run, of course!

Shari- Sounds like a beautiful sunrise!

kristin- Hope you are able to get some miles in later!

jjs- Enjoy the 12!

Oski- Happy happy groin day to you!

Phil- Maybe they put in a bionic robot alien knee?

Damaris- Hiya!

DaveP- Morning!

Hip Redux

BTW - it cooled down last night to the point where the AC was off and the windows were open!  Hasn't been cool enough to do that in about 6 weeks.  WOOT!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everyone.

I had an awesome trail/cc race last night.  It was the last one and I really wanted to break 19:00 for the 3 miles.  In all of the others, I've faded pretty badly at the end, which is very atypical for me.  There were a good number of strong runners there last night, so I think that helped me a bunch to just keep racing it all the way through.  Splits:  6:19.3, 6:21.9, 6:01.9.  Time was 18:43, and I finished 5th.

I'm looking for just like 6-8 very easy miles today, and will likely do the same tomorrow before the weekend's ultra adventures.

Also, for the first time that I can ever remember, I weighted 159.8lbs this morning Shocked

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Ric-G

step - cool view of morning sky

Kristin - heal up

jjs - good luck on the run

oski - continued healing

baboon - good pace there

D - nice job on the 12

zel - it's not cheating

siar - great job on the trail!

7 @7:30 this AM with 1.5 more easy. boss is off at work the rest of the week, so let's see if the mice will play. have a good day all.

marathon pr - 3:16

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

BTW - it cooled down last night to the point where the AC was off and the windows were open!  Hasn't been cool enough to do that in about 6 weeks.  WOOT!

I was cold last night!

Well, that could be from this cold I have that I seem to be losing the battle with.

Rigged a standing desk today.  We'll see how long I last.  And I brought in a squishy mat to stand on.  OH and apparently there is a pool in my office to bet on how long I last.  We'll see who gets the last laugh.

Have a good day!

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

4 miles this morning, after a crazy storm last night.  Woke us up around 1am, lightning strikes every couple of seconds and it was pretty much on top of us (near simultaneous lightning/thunder).  No damage, so that's good, power only went out briefly, ran around the house this morning resetting all the clocks. lol

MtnBikerChk, I want a standing desk, I hate sitting!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!