Beginners and Beyond

Maybe I Am a Runner After All... (Read 320 times)

Better I Leave

I woke up this morning at 5AM. It was dark. The outside temp was 27 degrees. I had packed my bag the night before. I quickly down a bowl of oatmeal and I "risk" a small cup of coffee. I put on my "running gear", hop in the car and drive 60 miles to run 10 kilometers...in the freezing cold. And I ran it in less than one hour too! LOL!

As I'm driving to Folsom to do some Christmas shopping I reflected on what I had just done and thought to myself..."I never thought I was a runner, but only a runner would have done what I just did." **grin**

Supersono99

Congrats! You're definitely a runner. Sub-60, nice. 

Trail Monster

Rock on runner!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

kitteh

"I never thought I was a runner, but only a runner would do what I just did." Absolutely. I consider myself a runner, and I'm not so sure I would have done it! I'm a wimp to cold, though. Kudos!

Running for two!

Pre-Preggo PRs--5k 23:00, 10k 49:07, HM 1:57:40

Post-Preggo PRs--5k TBD, 10k 54:45, HM 2:28:05

27 is cold!!!  Congrats on the race, that's an awesome time.  I haven't run a 10K yet, and have just barely broke 30 in a 5K, once.  It's exciting to see other folks hitting some of the milestones I'm trying to acheive. 

The temperature makes me think of something I noticed this week.  It's the first really cold weather I've run in.  At temps 45 and above, it doesn't seem so bad, but below that, I seem to struggle to breathe.  Does the cold cause either your lungs(general term) or blood vessels to constrict and make you feel like you just can't get a good breath?

Willis

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

You are a runner but don't stop lifting and become another skinny runner

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

Better I Leave

Thanks all. I was joking about this with my wife over dinner tonight and she agreed...nobody but a runner would actually get up early, in the cold, and go for a run. Actually she thinks it's great that I'm doing it and this is the first event I've attended solo as she usually comes along to cheer me on.

And Tom...I'll never stop lifting. My bicep tear is just a temporary setback, but come March, I'll be back at going "big and heavy". Smile

Take care all. Smile

Of course if you mention the above to co-workers, they would have a crazed look and just silently think, "he's insane". Smile

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

Docket_Rocket

Yeah, definitely a runner.Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Totally a runner Smile.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

@runjerseygirl

Way to go, runner! Wink

Do you even run?

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

You are definitely a runner!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

It's insane!  It's crazy!  And it feels amazing, doesn't it?

runmomto3boys

That's a pretty awesome realization.  Bravo!

Better I Leave

It's insane!  It's crazy!  And it feels amazing, doesn't it?

It does. **grin**