Beginners and Beyond

Racing Penguins SaturDAILY (Read 25 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning.  Who is racing today? Scotty?

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Yes, I am.  Well, not RACING - you can't really call what I do 'racing", lol.  But I am about to head out to the campus of the University of Texas at San Antonio to do my 54th event of the year - the Rowdy Rec 5K.   It is called Rowdy Rec because it is put on by the Rec Center/Gym of the university and because Rowdy Roadrunner is the mascot of the university.

Then I have another 5K tomorrow morning in New Braunfels TX, about a 30-minute drive from San Antonio.

And what are you doing today, Jerry?

OK, heading out.  Report to follow later!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  A migraine and 12 miles with 4 @ MP tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Great morning.

Jerry: enjoy whatever (beer, perhaps?)

Scotty: would UTSA be your home course? Wink

Docket: good luck with the headache. I also have a slight headache, but it's from my own doing.

6 recovery miles and 6x100 strides coming up for me. Have a good day.

Dad on the run.

Hello Penguins, our daughter stayed over with her Aunt and we got to sleep until 8am! HOLY CRAP!

Heading out in a bit to watch the Bama game, should be a pretty boring one considering who we are playing. Also plan to watch the Auburn game, that one should be a bit more interesting.

6 miles planned for later today, might do 7 depending on how much trouble the ITB is giving me.

Everyone who is racing, enjoy the races! I'm itching to do one, have a 10k on Nov 2nd, hope to have my ITBS healed by then Smile

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Short run when DW returns from her workout.  Too humid for LR, so maybe tomorrow or Monday.  No other plans other than DD and new SIL visiting tomorrow.  Big day in Chicago with Buckeyes vs. NU and ESPN  Game Day.  I don't think we will run on NU lakefront today.

Hope the migraine goes away, D.

hog4life

15 mile LR done. The last mile really hurt.

Jerry, do you know when you're coming to Nashville? I might try to come up and run with you.

PADRunner

Got 4 easy this morning done before the cold and rain are supposed to get here. Looks like it may not rain though.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

15 mile LR done. The last mile really hurt.

Jerry, do you know when you're coming to Nashville? I might try to come up and run with you.

Mitch, the Race is Nov 9.  We have hotel reservations, but have not signed up for race, so it all tentative.   I want to get a few more long runs in to make sure I can do the half.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning. Yoga yesterday, 2.5 mile VERY EASY jog this morning, 5K tomorrow!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Zelanie

Morning!  Still fighting that cold, but I'm tempted to do my LR anyway.  It's mostly just a head cold.

We'll see how I feel after WW meeting and dog day at the swimming pool.  That should be a blast.  Dogs, water, and tennis balls everywhere!  It's like lab heaven.

Morning, Jerry!  I often plan my running route around whether OSU has a home game or not.

Scotty- I call it racing!  You signed up, you have a number and a packet, and you have to stand on the line nervously before the start!  That's a race!

D- Hope the migraine clears up before run time.

Jack- Hope the recovery miles help you get back to normal today.

Jimmy- Hope you have a good run later!

Mitch- Nice job on the LR!

PAD- Glad you got the miles in!

kristin- Good luck tomorrow!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Oh yeah! Six nice super easy (and very windy) miles with some strides did the trick! I am feeling good (my legs are, at least) so I hope to nail my big run tomorrow.

Zel: You can do you LR. Just take it easy.

PAD: Good work. Rain? Where are you from?

Hog: Nice 15. Are you signed up for the HM and using the Ryan Hall plan again?

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

An outstanding 20 mile run done.  Went out conservatively, since I haven't done 20 in a while, and negative split the back half by two minutes. Smile

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

PADRunner

PAD: Good work. Rain? Where are you from?

Right in the middle of Dallas/Fort Worth. A cold front is coming through this morning. I ran at 7:00 @ 77 degrees. It's 63 and cloudy now at 10:30.