Beginners and Beyond

Runners, yeah, we're different (Read 166 times)

Hip Redux

LRB

Love the guy in the bank line.  Sometimes ya just gotta stretch it out!

Hip Redux

Oh, and potentially NSFW with that first picture lol

delicate flower

That San Francisco hill running looks brutal.  I want in.

<3

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

Now THAT is funny!

Dad on the run.

These made me smile. I haven't been running nearly as long as some of you seasoned people but I thought these adds were pretty cool and I love the looks that the non-runners are giving. Priceless.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

Classic series of adsSmile.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

Philliefan33

I hadn't seen those -- thanks for the link.

That first ad boosted my mood Smile.

Great ads. Impressive photo catching the snot rocket in mid-flight.

Dave

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I remember the snot rocket ad, maybe from Sports Illustrated, but the others were new to me. I admit I have done some stretching while shopping, though not in a bank line.

Don't call me Buttercup!

Those were great! Thanks for sharing.

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

Zelanie

I got my first pair of running shoes then.  I opened the box, and there was that picture of the guy band-aiding his nipples.  I had no idea about anything about running and was like WTF?

I didn't follow a plan or anything, got shin splints, and gave up that time around.  I am glad I tried again later.

Hip Redux

I got my first pair of running shoes then.  I opened the box, and there was that picture of the guy band-aiding his nipples.  I had no idea about anything about running and was like WTF?

Kinda like the look the lady is giving that guy in the photo!  lol

Zelanie

Kinda like the look the lady is giving that guy in the photo!  lol

Yeah, that was me, hehe!

Love the Half

I always loved this commercial although the folks who like to be constantly outraged were appropriately outraged.

Nike Chainsaw

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).