Beginners and Beyond

Yummy. Subway to remove chemical in bread found in yoga mats. (Read 111 times)

Nevrgivup

subway

Like the article says the chemicals found in their bread is found in many other breads as well, but it makes you think. Most foods have chemicals, this just makes me not want to eat there anymore. One thinks they are going the healthy route by eating there.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Well, I'm surprised this didn't get to my ears before this but interesting nonetheless.  I've never heard of the chemical and I know there's probably plenty of stuff in all of our foods that is "questionable".  But glad to hear they're taking it out.

Recently there was something about a dye in colas......(pepsi one and some off brand were 2 big offenders).....that has been tied to some type of health concern (cancer?) and is now being persued for removal, although tests have shown that it would take thousands of cans of soda per day to replicate the results they're getting in lab rats comparatively speaking.  Basically it was a news radio babble point but still the "teasers" for such things get our attention.

I still eat Subway every day and will probably continue to do so until they start using asbestos patties in my sandwich. 

Randy

LRB

Recently there was something about a dye in colas......(pepsi one and some off brand were 2 big offenders).....that has been tied to some type of health concern (cancer?) and is now being persued for removal, although tests have shown that it would take thousands of cans of soda per day to replicate the results they're getting in lab rats comparatively speaking.  Basically it was a news radio babble point but still the "teasers" for such things get our attention.

Exactly.   A report in 2010 revealed that some protein powders contain among other things arsenic, lead and mercury.  Some alarmingly higher than others (Muscle Milk & EAS were two of the biggest offenders).

After the initial tidal wave of attention, pretty much nothing changed. Why?  Because these substances have been deemed safe for human consumption at certain levels.  Great.

delicate flower

Subway:  Eat OMMMMMM.

<3

Bah. Whatdya gonna do? Never eat out? Never buy any packaged foods?

Besides, what could be healthier than yoga?

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Yeah, those yoga mats taste awful too...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

happylily

Subway to remove chemical in bread found in yoga mats.

Subway puts bread in yoga mats? At least the bread will be chemical free from now on...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I like the new Sriracha sauce.  Now if they just wouldn't charge me extra for avocado on my veggie sub...

Running is dumb.

catwhoorg

Labrat

Good old Dihydrogenmonoxide is also found in both bread and polyurethane foams such as used in Yoga mats.

Let Subway take that out!

Where is the press about that ?

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

catwhoorg

Labrat

anf for reference

A banana!

banana

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

StepbyStep-SH

Good old Dihydrogenmonoxide is also found in both bread and polyurethane foams such as used in Yoga mats.

Let Subway take that out!

Where is the press about that ?

Wink

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Hip Redux

anf for reference

A banana!

The trick to understanding chemistry is not to look at a bunch of big scary words and compare them to other big scary words, but to know what the chemicals actually are and what they do.  Which actually requires understanding chemistry, I know.

Azodicarbonamide, it is a synthetic, man-made chemical.  I know nothing about its safety, but I do know it's not a banana and not related to any of the chemicals found in a banana.

Docket_Rocket

I think catwhoorg is a chemist, FYI.

Didn't I tell you guys not to eat at Subway not long ago?  This does not surprise me, which is why I don't eat at fast foods unless I'm stuck in court and cannot have a better alternative.  From what I have read, fast food burgers have ash in them too.  Joy.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Will run for scenery.

But isn't yoga supposed to be good for you ?  Haven't they been using yoga mats in India for thousands of years ?

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Docket_Rocket

But isn't yoga supposed to be good for you ?  Haven't they been using yoga mats in India for thousands of years ?

Not by eating it!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page