Beginners and Beyond

It's The Day After Thursday Penguins! (Read 20 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

PADRunner

Quarter Horse racing season is over so I'm back on a Mon-Fri schedule till spring. Friday is Friday again.

2 warmup this morning and 5x1k.

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

PAD, sounds like some tough intervals this morning, enjoy.

I'm headed out to meet a friend this morning for 15.  Ack.  Longest run since March.  So Jack, I'm pretty sure there's no 5k in my weekend plans; I just hope I'm not too sore tomorrow for regular routine.

obiebyke

I worked 30 hours in 3 days this week. So tired! Thank goodness I took today off. The plan is C25K W6D2 today.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 5 miles tonight.  Maybe weights.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Ginny, from last night, my marathon is next weekend.  Don't scare me!  And yes, my knee is feeling better.  Still achy but it's mostly the big scab.  Thanks!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

My yesterday was completely crazy.  My today is following the same trend.  Extra quartet rehearsal tonight, and then tomorrow is a memorial service for a friend's stepfather followed by baking the cheesecake for my family for Thanksgiving.  Crazy, I tell you!

PAD -- woo-hoo for your intervals!!

Brilliant -- good luck with your 15!!

obie -- wow, I'm glad you took today off too!!  Enjoy w6!!

Docket -- have a good 5 and maybe weights!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

Brilliant: Good luck with the 15. HM training? Smile  No worries on the 5k. I am going to have an FE with redrum so we might go out for a breakfast burrito after.

A few easy miles and some strides for me later today, just to get loose for tomorrow's 5k.

Last night was our turn for some crazy weather. Heavy rain (about 3" in an hour), lightning, thunder, hail, and mudslides. This morning our street was covered with mud and debris and there were news trucks and helicopters buzzing around. Remember the big fire we had last year? Because of it, anytime there is a chance of rain they think the hillside is going to come down on us.  Dummies.

See ya.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice run/walk yesterday after work in my favorite San Antonio Park, ended up with 3 easy miles.   Overcast and a few spits of rain, but nothing much. Temp was a pleasant 65 degrees.  There was virtually nobody in the park.  I met one other runner and  a guy walking his dog and that was it.  This is usually the busiest park in San Antonio so I guess folks were scared off by the predictions of our local morning weather people that it was going to be storming about this time.  It didn't.   I felt like I owned the park, lol, my own private preserve.    Altho I nearly did get knocked down by one of the park deer.  I was right by the golf driving range...range on side of the trail, woods on the other...and a darn deer came busting out of the deer right in front of me, making me backpedal quickly.   The deer went on over to the range. That is how used to people these deer have become since the park is protected. They go out onto the far ends of the range and eat the grass there.  I watched a bit and one of the golf balls hit by one of the folks using the range came flying through the air and smacked one of the deer right in the side. Didn't even faze him, lol. He looked up and over toward the golfer as if "Dude, what the hell?"  and then went on back to eating.  Funny.

Half day today  - yay, outta here at noon my time! - and half-day Monday and then I am on vacation for 2 weeks, sweet.Except I looked at the predicted forecast for Washington State on Thanksgiving, where I will be doing my turkey trot.  The predicted HIGH for the day will be 34 degrees.....oh yay......

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Quarter Horse racing?  How do you fit a horse on a quarter? 

Brilliant, hope your 15 went well!

30 hours in 3 days, obiebyke, I think you should still be sleeping!

Good luck with the 5 miles, Damaris!  Hope the knee is behaving!  And the lungs.  And your migraines. And your surgery parts.  Did I miss anything?

Sorry to hear about your friend's  stepfather, HsM.   Bake some cookies too, you know I don't like cheesecake. 

Good luck with the 5K, Jack!  I'm still waiting to see if mine is going to happen.  Right now everything is calm, but our weather folks are predicting tomorrow is "the day" for San Antonio, when we will really get SLAMMED with rain, high winds, thunder and lightning, etc.  They SAY it is going to start big-time around 11 a.m.  - I hope so, I'll be done with my 5K by then  - but if it hits in the early hours of Saturday......and then Sunday is supposed to be beautiful again....53 in the morning...all the way up to 80 by the afternoon, and sunny.  Go figure. Crazy damn Texas weather.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

tracilynn

Really wanted to run trails today but I'm stuck at home with a kid infested with Diarrhea bugs  and it was perfect weather too. 50s sunny no wind.

will have to run roads in the dark tonight after hubs gets home. Boooooo!  One of my kids is always sick. Always.

~~~~~~~

Traci

From the Internet.

Hi pens! Ran 3.1 this morning, 6 yesterday, 4.1 Wednesday... don't remember the last day I checked in, I've been busy :P

After much hemming and hawing and consulting my coach I finally ordered my heart rate monitor yesterday - should be here next week, hopefully!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Back from breakfast with former co-workers,  We meet every other month.

Possibly a short run this afternoon and tonight we are seeing Jerry Seinfeld, which was Bday present from DD.  Should I wear a puffy shirt?

Scotty, now you got me worried about deer and golf balls, both of which are present on our bike path.

Have a great weekend, Pens.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Back from breakfast with former co-workers,  We meet every other month.

Possibly a short run this afternoon and tonight we are seeing Jerry Seinfeld, which was Bday present from DD.  Should I wear a puffy shirt?

Scotty, now you got me worried about deer and golf balls, both of which are present on our bike path.

Have a great weekend, Pens.

Do you want to be a pirate?

Docket_Rocket

Do you want to be a pirate?

Argh.

Damaris

Fundraising Page