Beginners and Beyond

Running Times Magazine (Read 106 times)

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

If anyone is interested, on this Fri 11/15/13 you can purchase a subscription to Running Times for $4.99 for the year.

code is SLICKDEALS

Website is discountmags.com

It is their featured sale on that day and is only discounted this Friday.  Normally I do not promote offers, but since it is uncommon and this is a running site, thought I'd make you'all aware.

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

bump

Love the Half

If you are fairly serious about running, RT is a good magazine.  There are some excellent articles and it doesn't tend to repeat itself like RW.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Thanks for the tip! I've often thought about subscribing, but have never gotten around to it. Smile

5k - 25:15 (11/18/12)

10k - 1:01:51 (2/14/15)

10mi - 1:33:18 (3/2/14)

HM - 2:06:12 (3/24/13)

Upcoming Races:

Benched until further notice. :/

Everything you need is already inside. [[Bill Bowerman]]

meaghansketch

If you are fairly serious about running, RT is a good magazine.  There are some excellent articles and it doesn't tend to repeat itself like RW.

I agree-- nearly every month there's at least one article that I feel is extremely valuable to me in regards to my training.  I subscribe to RW too (I spend a lot of time commuting via subway and it's nice to have something that's in short, commute-friendly pieces ) but RT is the one I'm excited about getting every month.

TakeAHike

Thank you.  I just ordered 2 years for $10.  That is a great deal.

2013 goals: 800m: 2:20 | mile: 4:59 | 5k: 18:59 | 10k: 39:59 | HM: 1:32 | Marathon: 3:20

delicate flower

This is on my Christmas list.  I can't go out and grab this deal now because I don't know if anyone has already bought me a subscription.

<3

No more marathons

Me too.  Sweet deal.  Thanks fourouta5

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

Ditto.

Love the Half

I just dropped the hammer for another 4 years.  That should keep me renewed through the next century.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

LRB

I just dropped the hammer for another 4 years.  That should keep me renewed through the next century.

I actually thought about doing that as well, but the fact that I may be broken into a million pieces by then gave me pause.

happylily

Great! Thanks for sharing!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Thank you , added the additional year for 4.99 more.

Not quite right

Thanks

Thanks. The code still works early this morning. Two years.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot