Beginners and Beyond

Flash Flood Warning Wednesday Penguins (Read 23 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning Pens!  I love me some 4:15 am cell phone goes nuts flash flood warnings :-/

Today I'm supposed to run 8 miles.  At 4:15 I got one of those annoying cell phone warnings about flash flooding in the area and then was treated to a massive thunderstorm.  It is clear outside now, but there are more thunderstorms predicted soon and I need to get DH out the door to work.  So I think that I'll head down to the TM later and do my best.  Tomorrow is supposed to be clear so I'll either do 5 on the TM today and save the 8 for tomorrow or split the 8 up by doing 4 on the TM this morning and then running a local 5k in the evening, which should give me another 4 with warmup.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

PADRunner

I had a few nights last month when I was getting those about every 2 hours!

Not sure what I'm doing today.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good morning sapf and PAD.  Stay dry sapf.

Dentist for me this afternoon, so I'll be lucky to get a short run in after.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  So, I ran my 11 last night, but I fell during the last 4 miles with hubby outside.  Ouch.  I am OK but it stings!

I have Pilates only tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jill.

Penguin Power!

I just registered for the $5 5k tonight.  I think I'll do my 5 today and my 8 tomorrow morning when the weather should be nicer.  I think that it should be a 5k PR because I've only run a 5k twice in my life - once when I wasn't actually consistently a runner and once when I was just coming back from my ankle sprain.  It'll be good to get some kind of beginning of marathon training benchmark :-)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

After work today some easy miles in some park somewhere.  Sounds like  a firm plan, right?    Love being a fun runner these days and 'not trainin' fer nuthin'.....makes my schedule very flexible!

LOTS of rain after work yesterday. I had to change my route home 3 times because of road closures due to water running over the road.  I only live 15 miles from work but it took me more than an hour to get home due to crazy weather and crazy drivers, sheesh!

Today is National Ginger Snap Day!

And International Joke Day

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I have quartet rehearsal tonight, and we have to git 'er done, because we have a gig on Friday!  It's an assisted living facility, which is our favorite kind of performance!  The residents are always appreciative, they usually know our songs, and they're never annoyed if we mess up occasionally!  And today's my ... Wendriday?  I'm taking off tomorrow to close on our loan for our solar panels, and then Friday's a given holiday.  So woo-hoo!!

sapf -- We had a nice rumbly storm last night too, but at least no flash flood warnings!!  

PAD -- enjoy your day, whatever it brings!!

Jerryb -- good luck at the dentist!!

Docket -- Sorry about your fall, hope you're ok!!

scotty -- enjoy your whatever run!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Hope, I am, but it stings!  Enjoy the rehearsal.

sapf, good luck!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hope, I am, but it stings!  Enjoy the rehearsal.

sapf, good luck!

But are hubby tests okay?

Zelanie

Morning!  Today is most likely a RD.  I have a short hike planned, but if I feel like running some miles, then I will. Smile  Last night I waited until it was almost dark, so it was a TM run, but it turned into a nice enough run anyway.  And congrats to Team USA on another win!

sapf- Can't DH get himself out the door in the AM?   Good luck tonight!

PAD- Congrats on registering for another marathon!  I saw you in the racing thread. Smile  Is that news, or had you already signed up?

Jerry- Running after the dentist is nice, because it's about the only thing you can do and have people not really notice that you're drooling.

D- Glad you're OK!  How's your dad?  And when are DH's next round of tests?  They thought I had an intestinal bleed, too, fwiw, but it turned out to be apparently nothing.  I don't know if those numbers are scarier for a tall man, though.  Hopefully they figure it out!

Scotty- Do you like ginger snaps?

HsM- Woohoo for the solar panels!  We closed on our loan already, but looks like installation will be November because they are pretty booked.

Singer who runs a smidge

Our installation is actually set for July 21.  Kinda glad we'll get them installed early enough to take advantage of longer summer days!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

But are hubby tests okay?

I posted about them yesterday.  No.  He gets to go to the gastro to check for an ulcer.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Our installation is actually set for July 21.  Kinda glad we'll get them installed early enough to take advantage of longer summer days!

Yeah, we'll get ours and not get too much out of them at first.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

sapf- Can't DH get himself out the door in the AM?   Good luck tonight!

LOL - when I was gone last week he left for work at 10:30am, no joke.  Today he had to be at court by 9:30am which means leaving here around 8:15am to account for possible subway delays and etc.  He is not a morning person to say the least.