Beginners and Beyond

Motatorious Monday Penguins (Read 27 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Motatorious:  In Constant Motion

Is that you today, or is your Penguin ass draggin' today?

Non-running day for me.  Gail and I will be going to the Y after work for our respective weight training circuits.

Did my 37th race of the year on Saturday.  Report and photos:   http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/3d9e740a79e74074bcdba886a5125b83/resume#focus

Docket_Rocket

Morning. 6-10 miles depending on how I feel later.

I am always motatorious.  I drive people crazy with my constant walking around the office.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Philliefan33

Good morning Scotty and DR.

Put me in the ass-draggin' category this morning.  It doesn't help that I have no lab work for today -- it would be easier to get some energy if I had a reason to be moving around.  As it is, I'm supposed to be writing a report.  Bleh.

Today is a SRD.  I'll either ride or do yoga tonight, or maybe both.

Make it a good day, Penguins!

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!! I'm back from Baltimore, where there was a fair amount of good science and an obscene amount of good seafood. And now I will probably be moving around a fair bit, because I'll have to catch up with my lab stuff. Woo-hoo!!

Scotty -- we didn't make it to Fort McHenry, we couldn't get our water taxi schedule to work out on our free day. But we had a good time!!

Docket -- have a good time with your run later!!

Phillie -- yeah, writing reports is not a cause for inspiration. I feel you!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Brilliant

Good morning!

Hopesmom - mmm, seafood. Smile

Scotty and Philliefan, I'll join your non-running day.  Busy day for me today.  Headed out for an early dr appointment with my daughter, then volunteering at day camp, then I'm starting a Spanish class at the junior college this afternoon.  I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by my summer commitments!

Zelanie

Morning!  It's my first full day here in Costa Rica- we flew overnight and got in about noon yesterday.  So I celebrated by getting up and out the door by 5:30 to get my run in.  I only had time for 4 miles before we had to go because my host had to get ready for work.

It's so weird to be completely dependent on others as an adult.  Especially as an American, where "be independent" is drilled into us from day 1.  But here I am, staying in a house of people I just met yesterday, and trying to figure everything out and not be too much of a bother.

So there's a park with a decent track about a 15 minute walk from here.  My host took me there to show me the way, hopefully she really meant that she didn't mind getting up early - she says she likes to exercise, and before work is the best time.  But once I learn the way, this could be an easy way for me to get up and out and get my miles in.  Until then, I'm somewhat limited by being dependent on others to show me around.  Luckily everybody is super friendly and has been really welcoming!

PADRunner

Motored through 4 in the rain this morning. Gym tonight.

on my way to badass

Good morning penguins! My easy 3 was cut short this morning and became a speed workout when a bear crossed the road about 150 yards in front of me.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Singer who runs a smidge

Yeah, I think that would make me do speedwork too!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Philliefan33

Good morning penguins! My easy 3 was cut short this morning and became a speed workout when a bear crossed the road about 150 yards in front of me.

Humph!  SF saw a bear, and I still haven't.  It's become a running joke among our friends at the mountain house -- everyone has seen a bear but me.  DH saw a bear the day we moved in, but it was running through the property and by the time I got to the window, the bear was gone.  Since then there have been multiple bear sightings in and around our property, but never when I am there.  Once, there was a bear dancing around near our fire pit and the neighbors called to alert us...but we were hiking 15 miles away.  And now the bears even tease me at home -- earlier this spring it was all over the local news that a bear had been sighted behind the church.

A few weeks ago I saw a beaver.  I tried to convince DH that it was a small bear in need of orthodontia, but he didn't fall for it.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

We are on a little vacation this week and I have to check in on the phone. 4.2 mile done up here at 6600' elevation. I was gassed! I am supposed to do 1000m intervals tomorrow at 6:50 pace but that won't happen. I will just run hard and see what I can do. Elevation and hills do not make for a good interval session.

From the Internet.

Humph!  SF saw a bear, and I still haven't.  It's become a running joke among our friends at the mountain house -- everyone has seen a bear but me.  DH saw a bear the day we moved in, but it was running through the property and by the time I got to the window, the bear was gone.  Since then there have been multiple bear sightings in and around our property, but never when I am there.  Once, there was a bear dancing around near our fire pit and the neighbors called to alert us...but we were hiking 15 miles away.  And now the bears even tease me at home -- earlier this spring it was all over the local news that a bear had been sighted behind the church.

A few weeks ago I saw a beaver.  I tried to convince DH that it was a small bear in need of orthodontia, but he didn't fall for it.

In your shoes, I would just be telling people that I'm too tough for bears to mess with! Smile

Rest day! Actually kind of enjoying it, but looking forward to running as early as I can possibly wake up tomorrow.

Zelanie

I've seen black bears from time to time and mostly they just ignore me and I go on my way.  Glad SF was OK with her run- I wouldn't know what to do if the bear wanted anything to do with me at all!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good morning!

Hopesmom - mmm, seafood. Smile

Scotty and Philliefan, I'll join your non-running day.  Busy day for me today.  Headed out for an early dr appointment with my daughter, then volunteering at day camp, then I'm starting a Spanish class at the junior college this afternoon.  I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by my summer commitments!

Bon chance avec la cours d'espanol!

Oh wait..that's bad French, not good Spanish.      Good luck with all your summer commitments, Brilliant!  You might want to BE committed to a rest place by the end of the summer.