Beginners and Beyond

Too legit to quit Penguins Thursday (Read 37 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

5 slow miles with dw.  Perfect day for a street run.  40's tomorrow.  Heading downtown for the dd wedding reception tasting.   Better be good !!!!

scotty thanks - I was feeling hungry and was eating part of a candy bar. I saw that toe and put the candy down. you saved me a couple of hundred calories. I hope you feel better.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Bin Running

scotty, feel better soon. I didn't do anything to make DW wanna stay at in-law. Wait! Maybe it is becos I didn't do something that made it happen. Well, I get the whole bed to myself.

Tomas, I will never look at candy the same way now. Haa

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

SheCan

G'morning (afternoon for some) Penguins!

Bin- well I hope the toe heals up quickly.  That's something that I've never had, but it's probably because i am such a pokey runner.  Good luck on your MLR and have fun tonight but not too much!

Mitch-- do you know how long these long shifts are supposed to go on?   I hope you can find some Mitch-downtime this weekend.

Awood- good luck finding dry pavement for your workout tonight!

kristin--- you made cold windy conditions sound fun!  Glad you had such a pleasant run!

Scotty--- brrrr@ 38*  that's why you got sick!  You're used to warm weather!  I hope you enjoy your day off, and start feeling better.  Haha@ the run.  How super sweet!

Jerry- enjoy the run with your DW, and the wedding reception tasting.  YUM!

Tomorrow is supposed to be cold so i switched today and tomorrow's runs and did 11 again today.  Gonna try to get out to the college today and do some painting.  Hope everyone has a great day!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

20T = 20 minutes at tempo pace

20E = 20 minutes at easy pace

Big grin

Jack, good luck with the 45mins run. Will have a beer for you.

Mitch, 12 hrs shift is tough. Hope you find some time today.

Tomas, Enjoy the 8M.

Awood, what is this 20t and 20e you are talking abt? 10-13 drinks sound wonderful. Haa

11.5M done.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

The temperature got up to 36, but it's dropping back down already.  It's going to be 30 by the time I get off of work, and with all of the snow that has thawed it's just going to make for ice.  I'm too darn close to the race to risk a slip and fall.  I hate doing anything over 6 miles on a treadmill, but it may be my best option.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

SheCan

Good thinking Awood.  The injuries that annoy me the most are those that I get because I was just being stubborn or thinking I was invincible. A slip on the ice is so not worth it.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

SO STUFFED  !!!!

GinnyinPA

Scotty - hope you get over your bug quickly.

We're still travelling.  I've managed only two runs so far this week.  The first was a real fiasco - I was trying to do 9 1/2 miles of trail in Myakka SP.  The first three miles were in the shade, the rest in the sun.  Even though the temp wasn't that high, (75), I didn't handle it at all well.  It took two hours to run the distance because I was walking so much.  I've done okay on short runs here in Florida, but it seems every time I try to go long I end up feeling dizzy and nauseous.  Hopefully that won't be the norm this summer.  This morning I ran early, and it was 50 deg. so I had no problem with 4 miles.  I don't understand why I'm having such a problem with heat.  I can hike in 90+ without trouble.  Running isn't that different, is it?

hog4life

Ginny, that doesn't make sense to me either. Are you hydrating okay?

Cherie, the long shifts and nights will be till the end of the month. I'm not looking forward to it, but I can use the extra money from the OT. April 6th's HM may not be pretty.....

Scotty, hope you are feeling better.

I did 5 miles tonight and it was rough, I had to run/walk some. Nights, sinus crud, long hours, crappy sleep during the day......oh well, guess some runs just aren't meant to be.

Mmmmm...beer

So my blindingly bright Fastwitch 5s showed up today, and in addition to being brighter than the sun, they have a cool message on the bottom. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

D2: can you put up a picture of the shoe? The brighter the better!

Mmmmm...beer

Here ya go Jack, they call it Citron, but I think highlighter yellow would have been a better name.  $42 on clearance. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Bin Running

Nice shoes, Dave..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

D2: Sweet!!!