Beginners and Beyond

what is your secret fail? (Read 503 times)

B-Plus

Where's beetrunner?

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

I too cannot drive a stick shift, but I don't keep it a secret.  If anyone ever teams up with me for Amazing Race, I'll do all the eating challenges and jump off shit, but you have to drive the weird cars.

As for taking the wrong freeway exit and not being able to get back where you need to be... don't drive in Honolulu.  Trust me.

We would make a great team then because I could drive the weird cars, but could never do an eating challenge be it eating weird stuff, large quantities, or speed eating. I don't know how people do it.

xor

In one of the early seasons, they had to eat this super spicy soup in Hungary.  One poor dude upchucked... in his soup bowl.  Except that he hadn't quite finished his soup yet, so.... yup, he had to eat his soup and his puke in order for his team to move on.

I'm totally down with that.  I can do it.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

In one of the early seasons, they had to eat this super spicy soup in Hungary.  One poor dude upchucked... in his soup bowl.  Except that he hadn't quite finished his soup yet, so.... yup, he had to eat his soup and his puke in order for his team to move on.

That is just disgusting. Did he actually do it????

xor

Hell yes he did.  His team made it to the final three too, but did not win.

(I have had two brushes with reality tv "greatness" and they both involve Amazing Race.  I know the brother of a season two contestant, and the dad of one of the "family" teams from the goofy family season is a marathon maniac).

I detest all reality tv... except amazing race, which I truly used to love.

BTW, the soup thing... it was ok to puke the soup.  They all were.  But you had to puke in a bucket or discreetly outside or something.  But it hit him too fast and a little got into his bowl.  Whoops.

Sloooow.

Hell yes he did.  His team made it to the final three too, but did not win.

(I have had two brushes with reality tv "greatness" and they both involve Amazing Race.  I know the brother of a season two contestant, and the dad of one of the "family" teams from the goofy family season is a marathon maniac).

I detest all reality tv... except amazing race, which I truly used to love.

BTW, the soup thing... it was ok to puke the soup.  They all were.  But you had to puke in a bucket or discreetly outside or something.  But it hit him too fast and a little got into his bowl.  Whoops.

That is horrendous, poor guy. The shows where they have to eat gross food, I can't watch. Apparently there was an episode of Fear Factor where two girls had to drink a cup of horse(?) semen and urine.

I learnt how to drive in the UK, so I can drive stick shift Smile Automatic cars feel like driving a go-kart.

happylily

I'm full of fail! None of it is secret, though.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Coastal

I am another one who can't do names.  I can work around it to a certain extent, but if I am trying to say a name but my memory brings up an image instead of a word, I am toast.   This happens irregardless of how long I've known someone.   I tell people if I am looking at you with a blank look on my face, please just say your name.  It is easier.

aponi

never runs the tangents

I can drive a stick, my first car was a Jeep Wrangler. This because both of my sisters wrecked Mustangs drag racing and nobody drag races a Wrangler.

I remember the soup puke scene from The Amazing Race, nasty just nasty. It's the only reality show I can sit through unless you count Top Chef. DH tried to get us on that show, The Amazing Race not Top Chef. He got as far as getting a gosh like 12 page questionnaire about your worse fears and what was most likely to make you start arguing with each other before he lost interest. There was also an issue of having to be available for some 6 week period or something that made it just impossible assuming we actually got on the show. I don't think we could have gotten on. We're boring middle class folk who never argue, no hook there really. Heck we bore ourselves.

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

not lazy, just tired

Golf.

And eating puke.

Not if it makes sense.

Butter Tart

Driving. (never learned)

Telephoning. (It makes me nervous and I avoid it whenever possible)

Throwing or hitting things. (poor coordination -- softball was hell in high school gym class)

Mr MattM

GG100K!

As for secret fails, my biggest failure is an inability to keep secrets.  Followed by my nonsecret ability to be flummoxed by the nonword 'fail' (noun).

You told?  Damn you.

be curious; not judgmental

Docket_Rocket

I can sign alright.  I cannot act at all.  My face denotes no emotion most of the time and if I read a line it sounds so fake it's ridiculous.

The face showing no emotion comes handy in court, though.

I can't sing AT ALL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I remember that episode.  I don't know whether I could eat anything bad like the time they ate the raw octopus (actually I would die if I eat that).  I will not be the one with the map, no siree.  My husband would be yelling at me up a storm.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

not lazy, just tired

Driving. (never learned)

Telephoning. (It makes me nervous and I avoid it whenever possible)

Throwing or hitting things. (poor coordination -- softball was hell in high school gym class)

Hey, me, too.

Not if it makes sense.