Beginners and Beyond

The DAILIES (Read 48 times)

LRB

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

LRB

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  SRD!

It's Friday but I cannot celebrate yet since I am in court on some emergency matter.

hubby and I have a Cirque show tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Friday!  August 2nd is International Beer Day!

And to serve it up for the ladies...(sorry ladies, I couldn't find a photo of shirtless LRB holding a beer.. Joking)

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

Good morning, and Happy Day Off!  Just got up a few minutes ago after 10 glorious hours of sleep.  We'll need it since it's going to be a late night...going to the Red Sox game with the Oskis.  Speaking of Red Sox, I went to bed and they were down 7-2 in the 8th.  How the hell'd they win that game??

DW and I will probably go for a run or a ride this morning.  Not sure which or how far as of right now.  I'll keep you posted!!

Did I mention yesterday that I am done with PT?  I think I mentioned it?  Well if I didn't mention it, I am done with PT.

<3

Pinktastic

Good Morning, Friends!!

Please pass the coffee this way.   I so do not want to be awake yet.

LRB – Thanks for starting us off!!   And, I think you pretty much covered how I feel perfectly!   :-)

Damaris – Good luck in court this afternoon!   Enjoy Cirque!!

Scotty – Happy International Beer Day to you!!

Phil – Huge Congrats on graduating from PT!!  That’s awesome!!    Have a fabulous time at the game with MBC and the Oskis (or is Oski also the plural of Oski – like deer can be singular or plural)?

After babysitting visitors all week and then trying to cram my “real” work in before and after “normal” working hours, I am exhausted today!!   I couldn’t get up and run this morning even though I wanted to.   Boo!   I’ll try to get 3-4 in at lunch today.    :-)

Happy Friday!!!   Hopefully, the work part of Friday goes by quickly and without issue for all of us!!   And, may your next run leave you with a Pink-mazing feeling of accomplishment and freedom!!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

It's Friday, if none of you knew that.

4-6 miles after work today.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies.

No work for me today. Smile I did a 6 mile pace run this morning, 8:14 pace.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning all, so happy Friday is here so I can sleep in tomorrow morning. 5 miles at sunrise, felt good too. A beautiful sunrise too, I don't have a picture about Friday but this will do.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Just got back to the office to find some idiot deposited a check that said IN BIG LETTERS, return to the creditor, DO NOT DEPOSIT.

Sheesh, some jobs are really hard, right?  I need now to resolve this problem.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ric-G

did I miss something here or is it Friday?

lrb / scotty - thx for the pics....at least most of them

D - enjoy cirque

baboon - that's always a nice surprise when the team somehow wins

pink - rest up and have a good (pink) day

april - nice run

brrr - off today too

free - nice sunrise run

slept like crap last nite but didn't stress out...ran an easy 7 this AM. oh... and happy Friday all!

marathon pr - 3:16

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rest day for me today and after work will go get my packet for my 5K tomorrow - #45 race of of the year!  Glad it's in the morning, cuz tomorrow's temp is supposed to be 103 again!

Happy Friday, LRB!

Enjoy the game, Phil, and your FE with Oski!  Can you take a photo of her so we can see who the person is under the mascot mask? Joking  Yay for being finished with PT!

Good luck with your Friday miles, April!

Must be nice to have the day off, Andrew!  Enjoy your 3-day weekend.

Sarah, are you nuts, running at lunchtime in Texas?  It's gonna be near 100 degrees at that time!  Wait till after sunset, if you can.

Nice photo, FreeSoul.

Good luck with your crazy day, Damaris!

Sorry about the lack of sleep, Ric, glad it did not affect your run, sounds like you had a good one.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Hip Redux

Phil – Huge Congrats on graduating from PT!!  That’s awesome!!    Have a fabulous time at the game with MBC and the Oskis (or is Oski also the plural of Oski – like deer can be singular or plural)?

The plural of Oski is actually Oskii.

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Hi everyone, just wanted to poke in before the day gets away.

LRB - Amen to the Friday!

DR - Hope you and Mr. Rocket have a great time tonight.

Scotty - National Beer Day?! Yay!!!!! Will not take much to convince DH to celebrate that one. Big grin I hope you have fun and see lots of nice legs at your race tomorrow.

Baboon - Hope you and MBC have a nice ride and have fun with the Oski's tonight.

Pink - I hope you're able to get the lunch run in and enjoy it.

April - Enjoy your Friday and your run.

Burrrrn - Enjoy the day off!

FreeSoul - Beautiful pics, now that is worth waking up for!

Ric-G - Sorry you didn't sleep well, but glad you got a nice run in.

I'm off today too. Woo-hoo!! But I'm busy getting ready to leave for a week-long work trip. I'll be in Pittsburgh, but won't get to enjoy it much due to the crammed schedule. Again, I'll try to sneak out a bit. I'm probably just going to do some yoga and maybe a easy jog around the neighborhood if I'm feeling it later. I'm sore after paddling yesterday. Have a great one!

I'm off today too. Woo-hoo!! But I'm busy getting ready to leave for a week-long work trip. I'll be in Pittsburgh, but won't get to enjoy it much due to the crammed schedule. Again, I'll try to sneak out a bit. I'm probably just going to do some yoga and maybe a easy jog around the neighborhood if I'm feeling it later. I'm sore after paddling yesterday. Have a great one!

I just came back from a couple days in Pittsburgh; I highly recommend a visit to PNC park! Yes they actually play major league baseball in Pittsburgh now! I had not been to a game there since the Three Rivers days (quite some time ago - it is possible that a skinny Barry Bonds was playing for them & Jim Leyland was managing). This place is much nicer. And I got to see a come-from-behind victory over the Cardinals with the winning run in the 8th, to extend their 1st place lead over the Cards. And the forecasted rain never arrived. And I took customers so expensed the whole thing. Not even a first world problem anywhere in sight. Smile

Ran 4 miles before work today, calf is still pretty wonky. Not sure if I should back off, or go the other direction & try to increase the distance to see what happens. If it will just stay at current level of wonkiness & not get worse, I can live with that. I will probably roll the dice & try 6 next time.

Have a great Friday all.

Dave