Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies with a side of snow, please (Read 47 times)

Have fun, Northeast.  (We're supposed to get 3-5 inches here, business as usual.)

Super-easy recovery with some bike and a lot of stretching and core, will be the plan later.

Good luck Northeasterners. No snow here, just cold.

7 very slow on the treadmill.

Passed 200 for the month, first time since September.

Dave

LRB

Rest day for me.

I will not pass 200 miles and may not even get to 100. lol

Half Crazy K 2.0

Snow, what snow? I was so looking forward to sleeping in this morning. Woke up, looked outside. And.....

NOTHING! Maybe slightly wet pavement. But not a darn flake to be seen.

Now the Baltimore area was supposed to be a little south of the major storm, but we were still supposed to get enough that the schools would close. Now I have to go in to work, dammit.

Weights tonight.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Weather on Sunday:    Just beautiful, it eventually went up to 70 degrees today, with bright sunshine, nice!  I went to Fort Sam this morning and started my run/walk at about 11 a.m.  Plan was for about 3 miles of hills but apparently the weather had me feeling so good I ended up with 4.7 miles, with about half  of my miles being hills (5 uphills, 3 dowhills) in 53:17, sheesh.  As I went back into the gym I thought I would forego my weight training circuit after having my legs do all those hills...but then I noticed the free weights were all being very busily used, but the machine weights (which I have to use because of my back) were not busy at all....so I said what the heck...and ended up doing my 45-minute weight training circuit post-run.  My old-man body was a bit tired after all that!   Today, Monday,  is definitely a rest day, after my 5K on Saturday, followed by hills and weights on Sunday.

Oh yeah..this is our forecast for the next 7 days.....nice, huh?      Except Saturday...I do actually have another January race on Saturday, the 31st and then one on Sunday, Feb 1st.   Why does the temp here always seem to drop below 60 in January and February on the morning I have a race scheduled?  I'd much rather it be 60 and above for my races, warm-weather loving person that I am.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 6 miles and the legs workout that I thought was for yesterday.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

Pretty much all of New England right now ----->

Half Crazy K 2.0

Maryland too since the snow finally started falling 10 minutes before I left for work.

delicate flower

'Morning!  Be safe, my little Northeast snowflakes.

Part of yesterday's fun.  Looking to do more of the same today.  I slept hard last night.

<3

Docket_Rocket

LOL.  That's how Miamians feel when it's OH SO COLD (65F).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Nice picture, Phil.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

'Morning!  Be safe, my little Northeast snowflakes.

Part of yesterday's fun.  Looking to do more of the same today.  I slept hard last night.

I don't know much about skiing, but I think you're supposed to be standing up.  

Little Blue

LMBO!!!  You and Scotty have the best smileys.

StepbyStep-SH

30 minutes on the bike, plus weights for chest, shoulders and triceps.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Someone got run over and killed downstairs.  Not me.  Stupid bus drivers, always accelerating at the turn with us on the crosswalk.  I have almost being hit there twice.  Poor woman.

Damaris

Fundraising Page