Beginners and Beyond

Wish me luck, debut 1/2 tomorrow! (Read 100 times)

I haven't posted in a quite a while, life has taken over all my free time!! Tomorrow morning I am running my debut half marathon, 8 months after I started running, and I am so nervous/ excited! I am running the Lake George Half Marathon in Upstate NY! It is an extremely hilly route along the lake, so it should be beautiful.  I am hoping for a 2:20 finish, which I know is pretty slow, but I will be extremely happy with that! We start at 8 AM and it should be sunny and about 35 out!!! Thanks for the well wishes!

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

delicate flower

Good luck.  Boot it in the ass.

<3

Mmmmm...beer

Sometimes life will do that to ya. Smile

Good luck tomorrow!  Regardless of your time, you're running 13.1 miles, and that's a huge accomplishment.  The great thing about it being your first is, automatic PR!  Big grin

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Thanks, I ran a 12.5 mile training run 2 weeks ago and felt awesome afterwards, then a family emergency set me back for a week.  I am hoping that my base of steady slow training for the last 8 months means that a week off didnt hurt me too much!

scissorbill

I would think a week off wouldn't hurt you at all with a strong base like that.  
            Good luck, have fun!  Lake George is beautiful.

Don't call me Buttercup!

Good luck!!

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

Good luck!

Good Luck!  I run my first in 2 weeks.  If your anything like me, you are a bundle of nerves. Try to enjoy the experience.  That goal one of my goals. Smile

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

There you are!!! i had been wondering about your absence on the Penguin thread.....GOOD LUCK!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

B-Plus

Good luck!

There you are!!! i had been wondering about your absence on the Penguin thread.....GOOD LUCK!!!

Thanks!! Yes I have been Mia off the Penguin thread for too long!

How is your it band injury, based on your signature you are doing great and back at it!

Good Luck!  I run my first in 2 weeks.  If your anything like me, you are a bundle of nerves. Try to enjoy the experience.  That goal one of my goals. Smile

Lol, yes I have been a bundle of nerves for about a week!! Good luck with your race and ill let you know how I do!

hog4life

The one week off shouldn't hurt you at all. You put in the training, so now just go have fun and enjoy your first. Be sure to give us a RR to let us know how it went. You are going to do great!

Mitch

Smoke it! Then tell everyone you know about it!

Be prepared for your non-runner friends to ask:

1. How many miles is that?

2. So are you going to run in Boston next time?

Dave

Rondog65

Kristi have fun with the Half Marathon, don’t worry you will rock it.  Prior to race time I find my nerves start getting the best of me and I start to doubt myself.  It is normal just keep the faith, believe in your training and you will get it done.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)