Beginners and Beyond

Work it out Wednesday penguins (Read 28 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning all.  I am exactly 6 weeks post sprain and still on the disabled list Sad  I have been walking (with a brace), swimming, and (stationary) biking. I've been working through an ankle pt program that I found online and I'm very slowly improving, but I'm wondering when to give in and head back to the orthopedist for a Rx for actual physical therapy. I need to be back to running by 7/28 to be trained for my fall races.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

SheCan

Good Morning everyone.  I hope you all are doing great today!

Hey ya Obie and Awood (stranger! Glad you peeked in at us!)

:-)  PAD, Docket!

Phillie-- no fair!!!!  :-P  Well you earned a vacation.

LRB--- Hey you!!!!!!!

Scotty-- you've already had a long day.  I hear you about the variety, I just don't always have the motivation to do that though.  I guess already being in the car does help.  And yes, those 20 year olds should be inspired by you.  Plus the longer I run, the more I realize how much dedication it does take to stick with it.

HsM-- how frustrating... but no matter what goes wrong, you ARE going on vacation!

Brilliant-- good job on the 5.  Nothing wrong with being an occasional slacker.

Jack-- oh hills are so fun!

sapf--  I didn't realize you were still having so much trouble.  Personally, I think you should already be talking to a physical therapist.  Also about being back to running by 7/28, that's only going to happen if your body is ready.  It sounds like you're doing all you can though.  Surely all the swimming, biking, and walking is keeping you strong.

Yesterday I did a combination of road miles and TM miles for just over 11.  Today i did 7 slow easy miles.  Seems like this week's just been way too busy though.  Wish I could go to Washington with HsM!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Singer who runs a smidge

I'm packing a big suitcase, wanna stow away?

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

I take it back.  I'm packing a small suitcase of the lightest possible clothing I own.  The weather in WA is forecast to be sunny and over 100 every day we're there!!    (Note to self, pack sunscreen!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

SheCan

LOL, HsM, well, I guess now that you've looked at the weather, i'll pass.  We had 100s most days last month, I'm finally getting to enjoy these cooler monsoon days.   I do hope you have a few cooler days while you're there though.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

tracilynn

Hey pengs

I did a very slow 5k on trails.  I'm gonna try to inch my mileage back up and see if I can do this running thing  My last shot at this!

Fingers crossed!

~~~~~~~

Traci

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hey pengs

I did a very slow 5k on trails.  I'm gonna try to inch my mileage back up and see if I can do this running thing  My last shot at this!

Fingers crossed!

Wings crossed 

Scotty, you always seem to find the ladies.  No pictures?

Glad you are improving sapf.

3 miles for us.  Took it slow since the knees were still a little achy after yesterday's fast 5.  Uneventful, except we were stopped on our cool down by the UPS driver again.    fwiw, I'm icing knees now.  RD tomorrow.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I take it back.  I'm packing a small suitcase of the lightest possible clothing I own.  The weather in WA is forecast to be sunny and over 100 every day we're there!!    (Note to self, pack sunscreen!)

Washington State has a pretty good nudist colony ranch.  (Guess how I know that?  Did a Bare Buns 5K there once! )  If you go there, you won't have to pack any clothes at all, just take what you wear for the trip. 

By the way, the annual race at that ranch is coming up.  Maybe you can schedule for it,  HsM!  Talk about a vacation experience!

Here you go....

<center>The 'Original' Bare Buns Fun Run</center>

<center>July 27, 2014</center><center>Kaniksu Ranch Family Nudist Park
                  Deer Lake, Washington
                  </center>

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Wings crossed 

Scotty, you always seem to find the ladies.  No pictures?

Glad you are improving sapf.

3 miles for us.  Took it slow since the knees were still a little achy after yesterday's fast 5.  Uneventful, except we were stopped on our cool down by the UPS driver again.    fwiw, I'm icing knees now.  RD tomorrow.

I don't usually carry my camera with me on training runs, just at races.   Maybe I should start, though; with me, you just never know what is going to happen, lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Bin Running

No in today. Watching the semi of worldCup.

Hi guys!

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Amazonian Princess

An hour of upper body weight training then 3 miles on the TM last night. Plan to run:walk the neighborhood loop while I get laundry done tonight

Brilliant - meant to say, LOVE the superhero pic you posted!

Hello, everyone else!!!

I can. I will. I am. 

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

SheCan - I have to check in once in a while.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

LRB

Morning all.  I am exactly 6 weeks post sprain and still on the disabled list Sad  I have been walking (with a brace), swimming, and (stationary) biking. I've been working through an ankle pt program that I found online and I'm very slowly improving, but I'm wondering when to give in and head back to the orthopedist for a Rx for actual physical therapy. I need to be back to running by 7/28 to be trained for my fall races.

I hope it works out.  Many of us have been there and know how that sucks.

Docket_Rocket

SheCan - I have to check in once in a while.

Hi!

Work was long.  I only ran 1 with hubby and his shins hurt, so I rested too.  Bahaha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I hope it works out.  Many of us have been there and know how that sucks.

Word.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page