Beginners and Beyond

Hug a Runner Wednesdailies (Read 55 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning. Apparently it is Hug A Runner Day. So....virtual hugs to you.

I am changing around all my runs this week because it is unlikely I will run much this weekend if at all because I'm going to be staying at a friend's house with old friends that I haven't seen in almost a year, and generally see only once or twice a year because the 4 of us life in 4 different states. We will likely be out late, and cramming lots of in and catching up into the weekend....I will bring running stuff but am not optimistic about being able to sneak out for anything significant. So I decided to try to do my long run tomorrow.....which means getting up at 4:30am....ouch.....so I took a rest day today to sleep in and bank some sleep so hopefully I can wake up!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

delicate flower

Good morning, and if today is Hug a Runner Day, then I AM COLLECTING SO FORK IT OVER!

10 miles on the treadmill yesterday.  I'll hit the treadmill again today before taking it back outside tomorrow.  The treadmill feels so much easier on my joints, and my body is liking the minimal impact this week.  Sort of feels like a cutback week but with all the mileage still.  Big grin

<3

LRB

Supp yo!

Today is an ST day (stretch my tail), which I did exclusively this morning, and will continue throughout the day whenever I get the chance.  So if you happen to see some dude touching his toes at the water fountain, that will be me.  Cool

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I didn't want to get up this morning, I made the mistake of drinking coffee last night before bed and didn't get much sleep at all. I almost wore my capris this morning but got to thinking........ 30 degrees seems more like tights weather so I threw on my tights instead and grabbed an extra layer for the top so I had on an under armour long sleeve thing and another long sleeve thing, my ear band thingy and my warm gloves - oh and a good pair of warm socks which I am so glad I grabbed them because within the first mile trying to cross a flooded area I stepped into water and could feel the icy chill in my feet bones - luckily my feet never went numb. Rocky didn't even act as if his doggie pack was on him, so that is good. It was slow going, I mean slow for the first 3 miles but as the sun began to come up things got better. We got 7 miles done which puts me over my 1,000 miles goal for 2013, as of this morning I have 1,006.9 miles and I didn't worry about that extra .1 because I've got a 5k next Thursday so I'll make it up there.

Had chicken noodle soup for breakfast Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

I'll be hitting the weights later.  Didn't do a thing last night as I'd been doing a bunch of core work & tempting fate working around the knee.

Weights should feel good as it'll make me exhausted.  I should probably stretch too, but we'll see.  Stretching is tough for me to be consistent with.

Randy

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Crazy damn Texas weather.   This morning it's a bit chilly at 49 degrees or so, but by this aftertoon we will be back in the 70s.   A cold front will roll in on Friday morning and the temp that night will be 39 degrees!  With a 'high' on Saturday of only 59 degrees.  Great, right in time for the two 5Ks I will be doing this weekend.  I hate cold weather!  Crazy damn Texas weather.    Will do 3 or 4 miles today after work in our lovely weather.

Today's Holidays

Hug A Runner Day

Beaujolais nouveau Day - a red wine made from Gamay grapes

Peanut Butter Fudge Day

Name Your PC Day - The name of mine, at times, is "You stupid piece of CRAP!" Joking

Use Less Stuff Day - A day for reminding people to conserve resources and reduce waste.  Or, in my case, reduce WAIST by using less food-stuff.

wine cartoons, wine cartoon, funny, wine picture, wine pictures, wine image, wine images, wine illustration, wine illustrations

wine cartoons, wine cartoon, funny, wine picture, wine pictures, wine image, wine images, wine illustration, wine illustrations

waste management cartoons, waste management cartoon, funny, waste management picture, waste management pictures, waste management image, waste management images, waste management illustration, waste management illustrations

runner cartoons, runner cartoon, funny, runner picture, runner pictures, runner image, runner images, runner illustration, runner illustrations

wearpattern

sillystring

fun run cartoons, fun run cartoon, funny, fun run picture, fun run pictures, fun run image, fun run images, fun run illustration, fun run illustrations

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

Supp yo!

Today is an ST day (stretch my tail), which I did exclusively this morning, and will continue throughout the day whenever I get the chance.  So if you happen to see some dude touching his toes at the water fountain, that will be me.  Cool

Where's my hug?

<3

LRB

Where's my hug?

Supp BBB!

LRB

delicate flower

Supp BBB!

HOORAY!  I now feel loved.

<3

Zelanie

Morning!  I settled on a very silly track workout last night.  6 x 400 at tempo.  Running such short intervals at tempo (OK, I cheated and ran them a bit fast) felt very silly, but I wanted some practice for my legs at race pace, and I didn't want anything that would take too much to recover from since I didn't taper last week.  Still, legs felt good!    4 more days!

kristin- Hiya!

Phil- Glad you're enjoying the TM miles.

LRB- Glad you're keeping up with the stretching.

FreeSoul- Sounds COLD!

redrum- Stretch!  It's important!

Scotty- Morning!

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all! And hugs!

Yesterday was an early 8 easy miles with the full moon casting shadows - so awesome, despite the chilly temps. I even turned off my headlamp for a while on a stretch of road that is usually totally dark, just to see my moon-shadow running partner. I also had a strength training class and increased the weight I used for several things.

Today I plan to hit the rail trail for 10 miles, with some intervals thrown in. Probably 4 miles of 5 mins at 5k effort, 5 mins easy. It is raining at the moment, though, so I may wait a bit to see if it clears up. 41* and dry is great running weather. 41* and rain isn't as much fun.

Kyukido tonight - punching and kicking!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hugs for everyone!!

rest day. Oh how hard it is for me to be good and take more rest. I know my hip is not ready to jump back into my normal. Hard to not run today as I'm in ATL and my favorite hilly neighborhood is here. I will run it tomorrow.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Got my allergy shot this morning and now I'm catching up with work.  Boss decided to do a noon attorney meeting AND we have a training at 1pm. I guess he does not eat lunch?  FTS.

Run and kickboxing tonight.  The fibroid was very painful last night so when the alarm sounded at 5am to run I shut it up and slept some more.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page