Beginners and Beyond

DAILIES for Monday (Read 50 times)

flarunner

Cool  WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners from injury, to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

flarunner

Mornin' Chirruns!

Did 5 little ol' miles this morning.

Have a great day everyone!

LRB

Supp!

I had planned on doing some myrtle stuff, but my plans have changed.  I will sit here and do arm curls with my coffee mug instead, ha-ha.

Good morning, everyone!

flarunner, thank you for tarting today's thread. Fantastic five, especially so early in the day.

Rick, work those arms appropriately.

After work, I'll do a run of undetermined distance. After that, push-ups and ab work. I'm taking it easy this morning. I think that, yesterday, I ate/drank something with aspartame. My joints felt as if they were on fire. I took two Aleve and have been extra careful about hydrating. I feel a lot better, but still achy.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 5 recovery miles and weights.  Not sure if I mentioned that I am in pain every time I breathe.  I think I might have cracked a rib with all my coughing.  Hoping it's just moved or something rather than broken.  It's been a week, so I don't know what is going on.

Ouch.

flarunner, nice run.

LRB, good way to do some curls, ha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Happy Monday!  I feel like a slug this morning.  I think a few people will need to get out and push to get this body moving today.

I had a great day with the wife yesterday.  Smile  We spent pretty much all day walking around shopping, and combined with my 41 mile bike ride Saturday, my legs are tired and my knee is achy today.  Some elliptical tonight ought to loosen them up.

I bought four new pairs of dress shoes at Johnston and Murphy.  SCORE.

Edit to add:  Less than a month until I run again.  tick, tock, tick tock....

<3

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Oh no Damaris! That sounds painful! I really hope it's not broken!!!

Ack Basya that's awful! Are you allergic to aspartame?

Flarunner nice 5

LRB nice "coffee mug curls" lol. That will be the extent of my exercise too.

Phil sounds like a really great weekend

SRD for me. Monday is usually my total rest today, and it is welcomed with open arms today. My legs are a little sore this morning. I learned a lot about  myself as a runner this weekend. I realized how hard I could actually push myself. I was able to run much faster than I dreamed possible Saturday, and was still able to run a decent race Sunday. And can still walk haha. But if you asked me to run today I'd probably hit you lol.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all! I'll try to put together a short RR later today. Today will just be 6 recovery miles after I take DS to school, then the rest of the week looks like marathon training again - time to start adding up the miles. Fargo is less than 6 weeks away.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Feel better!

Good morning, everyone!

flarunner, thank you for tarting today's thread. Fantastic five, especially so early in the day.

Rick, work those arms appropriately.

After work, I'll do a run of undetermined distance. After that, push-ups and ab work. I'm taking it easy this morning. I think that, yesterday, I ate/drank something with aspartame. My joints felt as if they were on fire. I took two Aleve and have been extra careful about hydrating. I feel a lot better, but still achy.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

6 miles after work for me. Looks like it'll be Heat Acclimatization Part 1... the high is 73 and it will be 71 at 5pm. Fun stuff. I'll take it easy today due to the warmth. My first couple warm runs are always pretty rough.

And yes, Damaris, 71 is warm for me. :P At least this time of year.

Have a happy Monday!

Hip Redux

Morning, all! I'll try to put together a short RR later today. Today will just be 6 recovery miles after I take DS to school, then the rest of the week looks like marathon training again - time to start adding up the miles. Fargo is less than 6 weeks away.

It sounds like you had a good race!

Morning all.   Fun seeing everyone's RRs over the weekend.

Dentist, bike ride, massage on tap today.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Monday has become my only SRD - feel great and would love to go out for a few but it is better to be wanting more than wanting less.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Morning all!

Hoping to see a lot of resting & recovering after all the weekend racing.

Fla, well done as always getting the early miles in.

LRB, coffee is the most important meal of the day.

Basya, have a good run, hope you feel better.

Docket, ugh, I would see a doctor about that.

Baboon, four pairs of dress shoes?? We have a new fashion ho on the forum, look out LRB! I think I have literally bought four pairs of dress shoes in 10 years.

Kristin, great weekend, have a good rest!

Step, have a good recovery run.

April, hope you can manage the heat, it is still in the friggin' 30's here this morning.

Oski, sign me up for the massage, I'll pass on the dentist.

Got my 75 min yoga in before work. No run today, after my solid 15 yesterday afternoon.

Have a great day everyone!

Dave

Docket_Rocket

I wish I had 71F this time of year.  Actually, the fact that the mornings have been in the high 60s is really weird because by this time, we are usually in the 80s by 5am.  With that said, the high today is 84F.  Fuck!

Morning!

6 miles after work for me. Looks like it'll be Heat Acclimatization Part 1... the high is 73 and it will be 71 at 5pm. Fun stuff. I'll take it easy today due to the warmth. My first couple warm runs are always pretty rough.

And yes, Damaris, 71 is warm for me. :P At least this time of year.

Have a happy Monday!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Jess runs for bacon

Morning peeps! Rest day for me today. It's so nice out so I'll probably go for a bike ride or a walk. ITB rehab on tap today too.