Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES run on caffeine (Read 57 times)

Ric-G

last day of speedwork, 3x1600 @ 6:45, with 3 easy as well. have a good day all.

marathon pr - 3:16

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Scott - did you see this on frederick half site:

http://www.frederickrunfest.com/training/Supported_Course_Training_Runs.htm

I need to check my schedule, but going to try and make it out for one of these. march 3rd fall in line with schedule for that day too.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

@runjerseygirl

LRB, I bet you could totally ROCK some Pink!!

Now that is something I'd like to see!  Rawr!

3.09 in 30:27 at lunch today.  9:52 average pace.  I felt really good, despite having to run through a lot of snow and slush.  That's a whole new workout that I have no interest in doing again.  However, there was no pain at all, so I'll take the snow and slush over the treadmill, it seems.

Do you even run?

runmomto3boys

LRB: FANTASTIC work on those blazing fast intervals!!!  Super impressive splits!

Zelanie: I'm so happy you kicked butt on your tempo run last night!  Woot, woot!

Sarah: Nice job squeezing in the 6+ early today.  It's not easy at times, but you got it done!

Tom: Great work/splits on that run today!

Freesoul: Enjoy the 3-4 miles.

10 miles done at 7:14 overall pace; 4 miles in the middle were a tempo done at 6:26 pace.

runmomto3boys

last day of speedwork, 3x1600 @ 6:45, with 3 easy as well. have a good day all.

Very nice running!!!!  Those are not easy repeats, but you nailed 'em!

LRB

Now that is something I'd like to see!  Rawr!

You ladies are cute, but don't even work yourselves up.  Charleston Heston would vote for Obama before that happened!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Pink is always good.....Big grin

Unless it's in your eye.... Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

And I'm spent!  Threshold run, 13.35 mi total:

3mi easy

15min MP (6:40, 6:47, 6:47 pace)/1min recovery jog

15min HMP (6:23, 6:23, 6:22 pace)/1min recovery jog

15min 10k(6:02, 6:11, bailed)

3mi easy

I'm a little  bummed that I didn't finish out the last 3 minutes of the 10k pace section, but I bargained so hard with myself to hit the pace in the second 10k mile that I was just done.  I was also a little too fast on all the other paces, so that hurt me at the end (should have been 6:52, 6:26, 6:05).  I guess that just shows me how important it is to hit my marathon pace right from the start if I'm going to meet my goal in April.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Stretched my planned 6 mile lunchtime run to 8. Because I can change, run 8, drive to the gym to shower & drive back in an hour. (Ha ha! Who do you think I am -- runmomto3boys??) Glad to be able to squeeze in the extra miles anyway.

By the way - black tech shirt, black running pants, black & gray running jacket, black gloves, black hat. Sadly no pink anywhere in sight.

Dave

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Ric...Nice work on the mile repeats...definitely a tough run.

Kay...Snowy mess beats TM every time in my book.  It seems like your paces have been really strong lately.  Keep up the good work.

RMT3b...Nice tempo run for you.  It must have been nice to get the chance to sneak in some AM miles with your mom helping out.

LRB...no pink for you...consummate dude huh?  I, on the other hand, unabashedly rock the bright colors, sometimes in my short shorts haha.

ETA...today's running attire was black tights, a black half zip, and a purple stocking cap, so not always colorful.

Scotty...Good one! lol

DaveP...Nice running, and way to take advantage of some extra miles.  No need for a shower haha

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I wanna see LRB in pink!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Step...Hope you get a good TM run in today.  Just my opinion, but I would think a strong March and April would be enough to set you up nicely for hitting your goal, considering your prior high mileage.

Lilac...Bar therapy is even better than a good run sometimes.  Hope you get your momentum back soon.

Zelanie..From yesterday, I think the winter running is just about not making it optional.  Great job on your run, and building into a tempo like that is a great idea, and beats starting out too fast and fading any day.

Pink...Glad you were able to make the most of your time and get some mile in before your town hall.  I too would rather drive in the rain than run it...my car could certainly use the free washing.

DCDan...Wow, that's a tough Lent sacrifice there.

RunTom...Those are some pretty speedy recovery miles.  You must be feeling good and strong these days.

Kristin101...holy pinkness!  At least you know they could see you coming.

LRB...Good stuff on the 400s.  I struggle with letting my middle intervals suffer sometimes too, but I think it's as much mental as it is physical.  Nice job with the total mileage too.

FreeSoul...Enjoy the nice weather and walk with your boy.  Good stuff getting through the tough run last night.

LRB

LRB...no pink for you...consummate dude huh?  I, on the other hand, unabashedly rock the bright colors, sometimes in my short shorts haha!

Hey I don't judge, rock whatever works for you.  I am from a different generation that's all....and I literally have a shit load of purple, so there's that!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey I don't judge, rock whatever works for you.  I am from a different generation that's all....and I literally have a shit load of purple, so there's that!

I do wonder if my generation wouldn't be better off if we changed our own oil and grunted a lot more.

LRB

I do wonder if my generation wouldn't be better off if we changed our own oil and grunted a lot more.

Now that's one thing I had no problem letting go.  I haven't changed my oil since God got the news to Moses!

Ironically, we were talking about this in the office recently and there are two guys there who still change their oil.