Beginners and Beyond

Hey Sole Train! (Read 355 times)

bluerun

Super B****

Hello to all the new people!!

My half marathon is in exactly a week from today (yes, on a Friday).  Eeeeeek!!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

KreegSauceRuns

Good luck!  Any goals in mind?

1/8/22 - Frosty 50k - 5:21:19 (strava)

3/26/22 - Blackbeard's Revenge 100 - 27:27:06 (strava)

9/30/22 - Yeti 100 - Abingdon, VA - 25:46:01 (strava)

4/1/23 - Umstead 100 - Raleigh, NC

bluerun

Super B****

Thanks!  I want to finish in under 1:59:39 (seems random and bizarre, but it's exactly half of how long my last half marathon debacle took), and that would be a walk in the park if I had chosen a normal course.  Except that I chose the hilliest city in the world, so we'll see.  I really just want to run the whole thing and finish uninjured!!

chasing the impossible

KreegSauceRuns

awesome!  good luck.  Which city is the hilliest in the world?

1/8/22 - Frosty 50k - 5:21:19 (strava)

3/26/22 - Blackbeard's Revenge 100 - 27:27:06 (strava)

9/30/22 - Yeti 100 - Abingdon, VA - 25:46:01 (strava)

4/1/23 - Umstead 100 - Raleigh, NC

You Rang?

Thanks!  I want to finish in under 1:59:39 (seems random and bizarre, but it's exactly half of how long my last half marathon debacle took), and that would be a walk in the park if I had chosen a normal course.  Except that I chose the hilliest city in the world, so we'll see.  I really just want to run the whole thing and finish uninjured!!

A half marathon on a Friday?  That's bizarre!  Best of luck with the hilliest course in the world!

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

bluerun

Super B****

Jerusalem -- I'm sure it's not the hilliest city in the entire world, but it sure is the hilliest city I've ever been in... which terrifies me because even though I wasn't a runner the last time I was there, I know the ridiculous elevation profile is absolutely to scale.  Even if I wanted to train on hills like that, I can't.  We don't have hills here with a 10% grade!

chasing the impossible

irakanji

I wish you well bluerun.

Mile     7:35     5K     26:52     10K     56:23     Half     2:00:38

You Rang?

Jersualem?  As in Israel?  That's cool!

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

bluerun

Super B****

Thanks, irakanji Smile

And yes, Jerusalem as in Jerusalem, Israel.  I love the place, but not the easiest city for running!  (The hilliest city in the world is La Paz, Bolivia, followed by San Francisco.  I feel better now.  Not.)

chasing the impossible

irakanji

Easy run day today.  Should of been intervals but the park sidewalk was to slick.   4.2 miles at 10:59 pace.

slowrunningjulie

Hello all! SRD today, but I have 5 planned for tomorrow and then the big 20 on Sunday! Fortunately the weather looks great. I will let you all know how it goes.

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

slowrunningjulie

Yikes guys, I just noticed that we came in LAST this week in the game! Let's get those miles posted folks!

Upcoming:

irakanji

Intervals went well today.  Definately felt more difficult today than last week.  I did easy pace recoveries instead of walking recoveries.  Kept my heart rate up much higher overall, as i would start my intervals at 150 heart rate instead of 120.

3.6 miles today.  0.9 mile warmup at 10:59 pace then 5 X 0.29 mile intervals at 8:10 pace with 0.31 mile recoveries at 11:05 pace.

20.8 miles for the week.

delicate flower

Yikes guys, I just noticed that we came in LAST this week in the game! Let's get those miles posted folks!

12 more weeks! (give or take)  I know my injury status ain't helping.  Sorry, team.  And welcome noobs!!

I took a DNS on a half marathon today.  Meh.

<3

slowrunningjulie

12 more weeks! (give or take)  I know my injury status ain't helping.  Sorry, team.  And welcome noobs!!

I took a DNS on a half marathon today.  Meh.

No worries - we know that you will come back when you can. Take care of yourself and get well. Bummer about the DNS.

I am officially in taper mode!

Upcoming: