Beginners and Beyond

Runner Struck and Killed in Loudoun County (Read 78 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Jaime-Rowley-31-Struck-and-Killed-Jogging-in-Loudoun-County-249990101.html

It is really sad, they don't say who is at fault but the driver did stay on scene and even tried CPR on Rowley but unfortunately she was pronounced dead at a local hospital. I feel sad for her daughters, and am reminded to be careful when out running my streets, especially before daylight - and to wear my blinky vest thingy too (which I didn't this morning............).

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Zelanie

That is very sad.  Definitely a good reminder to be careful out there!  You can't avoid everything, but you can improve your odds.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Very sad.  I grew up in Virginia and have been to that area.  Loudon County has some really winding roads - at least they did when I was growing up - with a lot of 'blind curves' in several areas. Definitely have to be extra careful on them if you are hiker, walker, runner, cyclist, etc., and watch out for both crazy and sometimes inattentive drivers.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

StepbyStep-SH

So sad. Prayers for her family and for the driver. What a terrible weight to carry.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Don't call me Buttercup!

Ugh.  That just sucks. =(

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to!