Beginners and Beyond

FRIDAILIES (Read 45 times)

Yo.

I was going to run before work, but my whole body feels tight. I'm hydrating, then, rolling and stretching.

After work, I'll do weights, a short run, push-ups, and abs.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I see you made sure to get ahead of me  I am getting ready to head out for 5 miles on the trails with Rocky - 60 degrees baby!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

'Sup!

I am tight as well from my massage yesterday but expect to loosen up as my body wakes up and will run in about an hour and half.

Up first though is coffee and Bugs Bunny on You Tube.

Cyberic

Did my last Madrid run this morning for a total of 43.5 miles in Madrid. Off to Sevilla tomorrow. Hopefully I'll find a good spot to run there too.

delicate flower

Good morning and I had a good run last night LMAO!  13.5 miles at 7:57 pace...my longest run since my May marathon.  Over half the run was in the 7:40 pace range.  GMP (7:30) would have been nice and I did hit that on a few miles, but given the fact that it's summer out there, I'm happy with this effort.  The heat started to get me around mile 12 and I ran out of steam.  Good thing I have 17 more weeks to train for my marathon.  I can't wait to see what my paces are once the fall weather hits.  I am running well these days.  Easy 7-8 miles tonight, then a track workout tomorrow morning.

Happy Friday!!

<3

8 easy.

Dave

happylily

Good morning!

Like Phil, I can't wait to see what my paces will be like once the weather returns in the 60ies, in September. I'm able to hit my Boston MP easily enough, but I'm hoping for a faster goal at the end of this cycle. Yesterday was 84F and I managed 7:52 over 10. Could have gone longer, but lack of time and the plan wasn't calling for that. I must be patient. Anyway, it didn't feel hard despite the heat, that's what matters.

10 easy today and my legs feel strong. Lots of last minute things to take care of before we leave for Prince Edward Island.

Have a great day, everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Run done, no worse for the wear.  Now I am off to work, bye!

delicate flower

Just ordered two pairs of shoes:

Adidas Adizero Adios Boost 2 (boy, that's a mouthful).  I've been using the NB 1400 and decided to try the Adios a couple months ago.  These shoes seem to be very gentle on my joints.  Thicker sole and a firmer shoe than the NB 1400...not sure if that makes the difference but I'm going to start using these as my go-to shoe for a while and see how that goes.

Mizuno Hitogami.  I like racing flats and just want to try these.  Plus they are pretty.

<3

happylily

Adidas Adizero Adios Boost 2

That's a crazy shit name. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

Adidas Adizero Adios Boost 2

That's a crazy shit name. 

You ain't kidding.

Adidas:  Brand name

Adizero:  From their Adizero line of shoes

Adios:  The specific model

Boost:  Their new Boost foam technology

2:  Second version

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

helluva last 24 hours.  Went to work yesterday, about 10 a.m. started getting chills, sweats,puked etc.  Went home from work early.   Dinner was a cup of broth.    Went to bed around  8 pm and slept through until 6 a.m.   SWEATED like crazy, all my sheets and blankets are soaked through.  Do feel a little better today, but am staying home taking it easy, and slowly nursing my stomach back to normal with light foods like crackers, jello, etc.   Will probably sleep a lot again today, napping off and on in my chair.  Hopefully by tomorrow I will be feeling much better as I am tentatively going in the morning to the Riverwalk to FE with Sly Moon who is visiting San Antonio.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Just ordered two pairs of shoes:

Adidas Adizero Adios Boost 2 (boy, that's a mouthful).  I've been using the NB 1400 and decided to try the Adios a couple months ago.  These shoes seem to be very gentle on my joints.  Thicker sole and a firmer shoe than the NB 1400...not sure if that makes the difference but I'm going to start using these as my go-to shoe for a while and see how that goes.

Mizuno Hitogami.  I like racing flats and just want to try these.  Plus they are pretty.

Wait, did you just use Mizuno and pretty in the same sentence?  I need to see a pic of that shoe!

Seriously, both shoes are the choice of some of the fastest runners in the land world, so you are in extremely good company that way.

My weak ass hips are not quite ready to allow me to try my hand at neutral shoes just yet, and the stability models from both most companies leave a bit to be desired.  Therefore Asics remains my distance shoe, interval trainer and racing flat of choice for the here and now.

Congrats though on finally adding more weapons in your shoe arsenal! 

delicate flower

Mizuno Hitogami.  I like the blue ones better but the Adidas I ordered are blue.  I can't be ordering two pairs of blue shoes.

Scotty, sorry to hear about the bug.  Rest up.

<3

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

5.4 easy.

Baboon: Nice shoes.