Beginners and Beyond

Psst - Wanna Laugh? ThursDAILIES (Read 286 times)

LRB

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD! 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up and stay awhile (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

LRB

Click on my mileage log that I recently updated with my weekly, monthly, and yearly totals.

Bahahahahahaha!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, LRB! Morning, Dailies!

Coffee's on!

Might run after work today - I've got a shipload of things to do, the most important of which is to finish processing the wedding pictures so that I can burn disks for all the family members to take down to Florida Saturday. Geeze, I hate preparing for Christmas!

Have a great day, all!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Good morning, everyone!

Rick, I wish that I were in as good a mood as you when I awaken, LOL.

Tom, I hope you manage to fit a run into your day.

I'll be at the gym in about an hour to do weights and cardio. I want to spend the day in bed:/

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Morning Dailies!

looks like today will today will be my gym routine.

Also trying to figure why and how I have had multiple tendon issues in the past two years, and plan a comeback plan when I am read.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Samurai in Training

Good morning kids.  I've been missing in action.  A lot of things going on in my world.  Time for this cat to have less excuses and more action.

@runjerseygirl

Click on my mileage log that I recently updated with my weekly, monthly, and yearly totals.

Bahahahahahaha!

I clicked.  I laughed!  Big grin  Next year, hun.  Next year.

I'm working from home today, so I'm hoping to be able to stretch my lunch run to 4 miles.  We'll see.

Do you even run?

delicate flower

According to the latest internet Gallup polls, today is indeed THURSDAY!  I got a haircut yesterday.  Good times.  I stopped at the farmshare too, and just as I feared, we are now up to our necks in carrots and beets. 

Easy 10.25 mile run last night at 8:38 pace.  I don't know when that pace got easy, but it is.  I kept checking my Garmin and was surprised the effort was so light.  I am just really feeling dialed in with my running right now.  It's got to be the combination of speedwork, consistent mileage, and favorable weather.   (edit:  wow, I just realized that is marathon pace...well, it was marathon pace, anyway...but not anymore).

LRB, nice log.  Make sure you pace yourself though.    Big grin 

<3

runmomto3boys

LRB: I'm glad you transitioned over to RA, though - you are going to love the log!

Eddie: It is good to see you back!

Tom: Ohhh, wedding pics are paramount; run less so! 

Gustav: Have a great gym routine.  I hope you can figure out the tendon issues. 

Kay: I hope the 4 go well today!

8 recovery paced miles set for tonight. 

Pinktastic

Happy Thursday Runners!!

We got our cold front last night - it's in the mid 30s right now and that makes me practically giddy!!  

LRB - look at you starting us out 2 days in a row now!!  It's so good to have your smiley, effervescent self back!!

Tom - I hope you're able to squeeze in that run later.  Please pass the coffee, okay?

Basya - I hope you feel better after your gym time!!  Sounds like the kindergarteners that you know are pretty darn smart!  Love that they compete with push ups!!

Gustav - I hope you're able to figure out the cause of your issues.  I'm sure you'll devise a great comeback strategy!

Eddie - I hope that things settle down some and you're able to get out and run soon!!

Kay - I bet that you'll enjoy the longer lunchtime run!  Have fun!

I'm not sure if I'll get in a run or not today.  I'm going with my SIL to take my nephew to see Santa later today!!  I think I'm more excited about it than he is!!  He's 3 1/2 so he's at a great age for this kinda stuff.   

Special note to Shirfan -congrats on your house!  I'm totally jealous about the pond  and it's potential for outdoor hockey!!  I've always wanted to try to play outside!!  Here, in Texas, the chances of that are pretty much zero though....

Have a Pintacukar day, everyone!!  And, may your next run make you feel invincible!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Pinktastic

Baboon and RMT3B - y'all snuck in on me.....

Baboon - you seem to be in such a great place with your running - it's inspiring!

RMT3B - i checked out your report of last night's run.  That was awesome!!  You are sooooo going to KILL it this season!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  You've been chatty already.  Just woke up as I work from home today.  Some miles tonight (if I can get enticed to it).

LRB, how do you update them?  My log continues to tell me I've run less than I have and I don't know how to fix it.  Maybe I'll just add a run with the rest of the miles but that will appear as if I ran a super ultra, LOL.

Tom, pass the coffee. And I hope you get to run.

Gustav, hope you figure out the foot issue.

Eddie!  How are you?

Kay, enjoy your run at lunchtime. I wish I could run at lunchtime but the thought of burning myself to a crisp is not fun. Big grin

Baboon, nice mileage.  And yes, it's Thursday, bah!

Heidi, enjoy the recovery run.

Pink, nice cold front.  Pass some cold weather my way, please.

Have a nice day.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Shakedown Street

Morning. Slept like crap, doing 6 on the treadmill @ gym because it's freaking cold out (and 30mph winds), might do some core. Nespresso up!!!

One of my co-workers had her baby last night, way early, but all is good!!!

LRB-way to put in the miles this year. Grind it out!!!!

Gustav-I am with ya at the gym.

Runmom-Respect the omelette!

Pink-your in NTex too? Some wind! (live at the top of a hill and it was freaking noisy last night!)

Tom-coffee!

I sense a general lack of get go today. This just could be me.

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

Nevrgivup

Hey guys! Coffee is most definitely on. I'm planning on 3-4 miles today. I think I'm going to do it on the TM. The last few runs have been on the same boring route and I need to mix it up. I hate to drive somewhere for a short distance like this. Dentist appointment later today. Yuck.

I NEED a garmin like asap so I can use the logs. I'm using RunKeeper for now. Have a good Thursday! 

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Chest, shoulders, back, triceps, biceps, calves, and shins, plus forty-five minutes on the ArcTrainer are done. I ran late, so I had to postpone leg work to after work tonightSad I'll do ab work, since I'll be at the gym already.