Beginners and Beyond

Psst - Wanna Laugh? ThursDAILIES (Read 286 times)

Docket_Rocket

I love cakeballs!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

@runjerseygirl

I love cakeballs!

All this talk about cakeballs is interfering with my December goal.  Focus, people!

Do you even run?

Will run for scenery.

We had bitter cold and snow and crazy winds yesterday, but today is gorgeous: blue sky, sunshine, absolutely still air, and snow on everything except the trails.

It was great to run in the daylight. I did 3 easy but had to stop and walk near the end: attack of the dreaded poo monster. I won, though!

Okay, then, lets get back to discussing cake balls...

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Shakedown Street

COOKIE!

Cakeballs are delicious little balls of cake and frosting wrapped in a candy coating. Here's a pic of ones I made for Valentine's Day:

The ones I'm making for this weekend are Oreo cakeballs. Yum.

evil has a name-'cakeballs'

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

scottydawg, I envy your hilly run. I wish that I had something like that around here, so that I could do hill running outside.

Baboon, I'm sorry about that. What do you have planned today? i haven't been hanging around LRB. Even though he's not running, I can't keep up with him!Wink

jedigunnie 26.2, I'm happy your run went well. I look forward to reading about how the next phase of your training is going.

lilac_jive, on how steep of an incline do you walk when you use the TM?

Hilary, you're learning something of infinitely greater value than a GPS watch.

LRB, I ain't awakening today. I'm running on less than an hour of sleep hereSad An ex of almost eight years called last night, as did relatives who forgot that there are several time zones between us.

Oy, Flippy, I hate it when that happens.

Nightcrawler, excellent windy run.

Jeep, I hope that you avoid a side stitch tonight.

April, those cakeballs look yummy!

jjs22, great job finishing the run.

Today is my free eating day. I haven't had one of those in a while. I think I need it. I'll probably have Chinese food for dinner, after doing legs and abs at the gym.

runmomto3boys

Nightcrawler: Holy run in insane winds!  Nicely done!!!  I would've wimped out Big grin

Kay: What a fast 4.5 mile run!  You are showing some real speed these days!  Keep it up!

CAKEBALLS?!?!?!  OMG!

sheepla

First time I've ever clicked on a Dailies thread (after more than a year of mostly lurking at RWOL and here).  How could I have been missing out on all the fun?

Not actually ready to participate with daily info yet, but at least will lurk some in these threads for a while.

Docket_Rocket

Welcome, sheepla.  You can have a cakeball but newbs must bring donuts and coffee tomorrow. :-)

Basya, sounds like yummy food.  Go for it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I am jealous of LRB now, he got more miles in for that week of December than I did. 

You know, if you put an M&M dead-center right on the tops of  each of those cake-balls, then it would appear as if a cyclops  'jellyfish" were staring right up at you...   Joking

As for the Disney event - I forget who's doing it now...that blonde lady here that looks like a teenager in her avatar, right? -  I went to do Disney from Texas and I was hoping for warm weather  - I was probably  the only one who was, lol - as I was used to it.   But no, a front blew in and the temp was in the low 40s for it, with a pretty good wind blowing too.  So if you are hoping for cooler weather, you may very well get your wish!  Wishing you all the luck!

Yeah, RM2B, our weather here has been crazy for the last couple of weeks, a few extremely warm days followed by 1 or 2 days of crazy cold - cold for we South Texans anyway - then back to warm again, sheesh.  If you want to get away from your REAL winter, come for a visit down here, lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Ball of Fury

I am jealous of LRB now, he got more miles in for that week of December than I did. 

You know, if you put an M&M dead-center right on the tops of  each of those cake-balls, then it would appear as if a cyclops  'jellyfish" were staring right up at you...   Joking

As for the Disney event - I forget who's doing it now...that blonde lady here that looks like a teenager in her avatar, right? -  I went to do Disney from Texas and I was hoping for warm weather  - I was probably  the only one who was, lol - as I was used to it.   But no, a front blew in and the temp was in the low 40s for it, with a pretty good wind blowing too.  So if you are hoping for cooler weather, you may very well get your wish!  Wishing you all the luck!

Yeah, RM2B, our weather here has been crazy for the last couple of weeks, a few extremely warm days followed by 1 or 2 days of crazy cold - cold for we South Texans anyway - then back to warm again, sheesh.  If you want to get away from your REAL winter, come for a visit down here, lol.

I am just super excited you called me a "blonde lady who looks like a teenager!"  (Well, I assume you are talking about me) 

ETA:  And thanks for you luck! 

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

YAYpril - B-Plus

Well, now I know what I'm making for every FE I ever participate in in the future.

Jess, sure! By the way, I'm bringing cakeballs to BCR on Saturday. If you want some YOU MUST COME. We're going to Jacobsburg!

LRB

It must be the little boy in me, but just saying the word cakeballs cracks me the hell up!  And that they're actually real is even funnier!

I seriously need to grow up...nah, what fun would that be!

@runjerseygirl

It must be the little boy in me, but just saying the word cakeballs cracks me the hell up!  And that they're actually real is even funnier!

Would you prefer "cakepops"?  It's like a cakeball on a stick. Big grin

Do you even run?

Rungry!

I know - all I can think of is SNL's Schweddy Balls sketch.

Jen

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

I know - all I can think of is SNL's Schweddy Balls sketch.

Hahahahah classic!!!