Beginners and Beyond

Psst - Wanna Laugh? ThursDAILIES (Read 286 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Sheepla: Welcome!  Yay for another new face!

JJS: I can see your pic!

SIAR: Nice job on the recovery run today - but holy smokes on the elevation gain!  I'm pooped just reading about it!

Hilary: Ooohhhh, you did get the new kicks?  Yay!  I'm so glad you had an amazing run - you are due for a whole bunch of those after your time off.

Docket: 2 miles + beer?  Nice.  It is the holiday season...you are due!

LRB: 1.1 - woot!  More miles.  Well done!!!  Progress - slowly, but surely.

Recovery run: 8 miles done at 9:25 pace in a snow storm. Upshot: I didn't cry, so YAY for that. The Mix Masters had much better traction than my Asics so I felt more sure footed on the run and I wore my Balega socks, so my shoes/socks drained better (I was literally wading through puddles). Negativity: I think running in snow is seriously mentally and physically the hardest running I've ever done. I was a sopping wet, cold, shivering mess when I got home. I am feeling very nervous about training through this all.

It's a little steep, but that's pretty typical for my runs. I think you'll come around on the winter stuff. Hopefully not too many of yours will be in the snow though. Have you tried plastic grocery bags in your shoes? That's what I go with to keep the water at bay. I'm glad there were no tears on the run!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

RM2B, you ran in a snowstorm?!? You're my heroine.

Dinner was delicious. I talked with my dad. He said that Greece is still on the map, so he can't tell if the world is over or not. (Before y'all flame me, my dad is Greek.)

runmomto3boys

SIAR: That's a good tip - I'll try it.  I know I have to toughen up a bit.  Thanks for the advice!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Sorry, Heidi dear. I am proud of you for getting through it. Hopefully it gets easier.

Cakeballs and cookies done. I am pooped. Standing in a hot kitchen for 3 hours will do that to a person. Time for bed.

From a chance of rain here in central Illinois to a all out blizzard warnig. Good thing my next run was to be tomorrow Anyway. Sunny and 30 degrees so should be a good day!

be safe out there tonight if youre traveling.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

runmomto3boys

April: Awww, thanks - it was just one of those days. 

Sparker: Amen!  I'm in WI.  The weather is crazy!

Mmmmm...beer

I said on FB that it was probably the best run of my life, but now that I think about it, it was absolutely the best run I've ever had, even better than my first "hey, I actually like running" run.  10 miles @ 7:12/mile, my fastest ever at that distance, but it was unbelievably smooth, felt like I was just gliding along the whole time.  It was the quintessential perfect run. 

Also means I need to reset my goal for my half in March.  My original goal was sub-1:40, which I then reset to sub-1:35.  My run tonight would have been a 1:34 half, and it wasn't race effort. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

runmomto3boys

I said on FB that it was probably the best run of my life, but now that I think about it, it was absolutely the best run I've ever had, even better than my first "hey, I actually like running" run.  10 miles @ 7:12/mile, my fastest ever at that distance, but it was unbelievably smooth, felt like I was just gliding along the whole time.  It was the quintessential perfect run. 

Also means I need to reset my goal for my half in March.  My original goal was sub-1:40, which I then reset to sub-1:35.  My run tonight would have been a 1:34 half, and it wasn't race effort. Smile

Holy crap, Dave!  That is absolutely amazing!  I am so impressed with the progress you've made.  Woot!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

D 2 the 2 - awesome run! Really, that HAD to feel great.

I'm processing the last batch of the wedding and shower photos now. Converting to JPG. I'll probably wait until tomorrow to burn the disks, but at least all the editing is done. I don't know how the pros do it - I spend about 4 times the time editing that I do actually taking the pictures. And editing/tweaking isn't nearly as enjoyable as taking pictures is. Oh well, I made the commitment and I'll follow through.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

B-Plus

Remember I said you can go sub-1:30? Maybe not next week, but within a few months for sure. Awesome run!! I think I need to try one of these impromptu training marathons.

Hello Nightlies,

I haven't checked in all day. I got in 11 miles @ 8:17 w/ 4 miles of farteking.

Hi dailies:

Only 4.1 tonight, 8:09 pace.  Tired before I started, and after being out in winds strong enough to shake the house, I threw in the towel.  Pansy. 

8.2 @ 7:50 pace

Docket_Rocket

Sheepla: Welcome!  Yay for another new face!

JJS: I can see your pic!

SIAR: Nice job on the recovery run today - but holy smokes on the elevation gain!  I'm pooped just reading about it!

Hilary: Ooohhhh, you did get the new kicks?  Yay!  I'm so glad you had an amazing run - you are due for a whole bunch of those after your time off.

Docket: 2 miles + beer?  Nice.  It is the holiday season...you are due!

LRB: 1.1 - woot!  More miles.  Well done!!!  Progress - slowly, but surely.

Recovery run: 8 miles done at 9:25 pace in a snow storm. Upshot: I didn't cry, so YAY for that. The Mix Masters had much better traction than my Asics so I felt more sure footed on the run and I wore my Balega socks, so my shoes/socks drained better (I was literally wading through puddles). Negativity: I think running in snow is seriously mentally and physically the hardest running I've ever done. I was a sopping wet, cold, shivering mess when I got home. I am feeling very nervous about training through this all.

If you say so....I shall do it again. Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

Thanks Heidi & Tom!  It felt amazing, I'm still in awe of how awesome that run was!

B-Plus, you did say that, I was doubtful at the time, but I'm starting to believe. Smile 

This is also day 30 of my holiday streak, 235 miles straight. Big grin

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

D to the 2 - I hope to feel the same way with my run tomorrow, even if at a considerably slower pace. I hope that the wind doesn't hold me back from running.

And, I hope that the feeling I have tonight (from Mapel Crown Royal Whiskey) doesn't affect tomorrow's run too much! That shit's too danged good! I'll never buy it again! Probably. ....

Maybe....

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54